Scuderia without stripe | FerrariChat

Scuderia without stripe

Discussion in '360/430' started by howydo, Aug 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    I am looking at trading in my 2007 F430 red/tan for a yellow 2009 Scuderia. The car is nicely equiped, however, it is missing the central stripe. I was wondering what everyone thought about this. Do you guys think all Scuds should have stripes? How do you guys think this will effect resale value? I ask this because I am planning on picking up a new 458 Italia and trading in the Scud in about 18-24months. I am by the way paying 20k under for the scud which is credited to the trade in on the 430 but not shown as a discount on the Scud.

Thanks...

2. Stefan_009

Stefan_009 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2008
    Boston area, MA
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    The stripe does nothing, its still a Scuderia. Get it and dont look back

Shorn355 likes this.
  3. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I personally don't care for the stripes on scuderias or 16Ms. The only exception is omgjon's white scud. I say go for it.

4. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    Yellow is one of the few colors on the Scud that look good without the stripe...

5. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I like the stripe a lot. I had no stripe on my CS but I wouldn't have bought a Scud without one. It's a personal choice, get what you love. :)

6. chrmer3

chrmer3 Formula 3

May 19, 2006
    USSA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Fine either way. You can buy the stripe & add it in the future....

Dont walk away from a great deal- stripe can be added

7. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    You will be limiting the "resale field" by buying without a factory stripe. There seems to be 3 groups of scud buyers. Those that insist on a factory stripe ($8400 option). Those who either don't care if there is a stripe or prefer no stripe and finally those who add a non factory stripe after market.

8. jsanocki

jsanocki Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2006
    NJ
    The Stripe is something which looks great on the car, and I would shop for one with a factory added stripe over an aftermarket, but you wouldn't recoop that $8400 option from me on resale!

Buy it...its easier to add one then remove it...you are keeping your resale market much bigger, and saving $8400 in the process.

9. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "Do you guys think all Scuds should have stripes?"

Nope. Specced mine with no stripe.

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I personally always thought the stripe looked a bit "HotWheels-ish". But, most seem to like them.

11. BJMoravek

BJMoravek Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    Boondocks, Maryland
    I bet you can't name one of us who didn't own at least one Hot Wheels car..

12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    When we were six? Yes.

13. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    First and foremost you are buying the car, not the Stripe.
    You can always add one of our Stripes if that's your personal preference.
    When you come to sell or trade it, they can decide for themselves if they want to keep it on or not.
    I personally believe the factory Stripe makes very little difference to the resale value and can still be an impedement to selling the car if the person is looking for one without a Stripe.
    Think of it this way, buying one without the Stripe, gives you and the next guy, the freedom of choice.:)
    Ciao
    Brenden

14. srtricky

srtricky Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2005
    BC
    Full Name:
    Ricky
    I wouldn't buy a scud without the stripe. There are plenty of cars out there take your time and get what in your eyes is perfection!

15. LP6704SV

LP6704SV Rookie

Aug 2, 2009
    New York City/Paris
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I wouldn't have bought it w/o the stripe. For me, it gives the Scuderia more character.

Still a beautiful car regardless so it's not too much of a deal.

16. RSQP

RSQP F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Beaker
    Get it without the stripe. I have the stripe on mine, but 1) you shouldn't be looking at the stripe while you are driving it 2) $20k is a nice piece to not have to pay. I think it looks good, but if you're getting rid of it anyway, shouldn't much matter. The car will probably drop an addition $20k between now and then anyway - just think of it as depreciation you won't have to eat. It's an incredible car.

Is this the one at FoSF?

17. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009

No. I'm not sure if I'll get rid of it or not, depends how much I like it and whether or not I like the new 458 better or not.

18. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    Personally, after having driven the Scuderia for a while, I don't care about the stripes, they won't make the car any better, but I like the stripes a lot, especially on the rear deck lid.

When I was shopping for a F430 or 430 Scuderia, I realized that the two cars without stripe that crossed my shopping list didn't appeal to me as much, as a consequence I was willing to pay less for them.

19. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    You can keep the stripes, be it Scuderia/16M/CS, they de-value the car IMO.

20. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    +1

21. SeaGate

SeaGate Karting

Mar 21, 2007
    PNW
    Full Name:
    PEMA
    No Stripes! think of the weight savings ;)

22. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Really this only comes down to resale because you can get an aftermarket stripe for cheap that gives you the same look so the only difference would be eliminating buyers that would only buy with a factory stripe and if you are trading in anyway it doesn't matter. I would think yellow won't be a hard sell anyway with a non factory or no stripe.

23. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Not trying to be picky Martin........but according to this 66% of the buyers will look at his car when it comes up for resale. Only the third who want the factory stripe will pass.

Personally I would pass on a striped car myself. It's too guido for me.

24. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    how dare you? they'll stone you to death here... but i concur

Shorn355 likes this.
  25. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    It's not like there is a standard stripe for the Scud. Unlike the Stradale which has ONE stripe, it seems that there are as many variations of the Scud stripe as there are cars (exaggerated a bit) :)

So those that feel they must have a stripe on the scud and you had to take what was available, what design would you accept? Any, just because it's a stripe?

G

p.s. I don't hate the stripe on Stradales, but, I prefer no stripe on Rosso Scuderia ... the color is so pure, I love how it fills my eyes.