The Last "Top Gear" (in the series) is ONE TO WATCH!!! | FerrariChat

The Last "Top Gear" (in the series) is ONE TO WATCH!!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by david1175, Aug 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. david1175

david1175 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    in the doghouse
    Full Name:
    David
    For those of you who download torrent files of the latest Brit car shows (especially Top Gear), THIS is THE BEST!!!
    A surprise guest for "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" is none other than the ULTIMATE gear-head Jay Leno...then, closing out w/ the new AM Vantage V12 is just incredible!
    For those of you that wait a year for Top Gear on Discovery...QUIT WAITING!!! Download by going to "finalgear.com"... once you have downloaded "vuse.com" (all safe downloads), and view the BEST (IMO) car show of ALL car shows. EVERY Top Gear is like a film makers wet dream (I used to be one), but this episode is one for the books!!! JUST EPIC!!!

2. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Or, check out hessmo.com tonight or tomorrow.

3. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Yeah I usually wait a year to watch the poorly edited/spliced versions on BBC America with 20 minutes of commercials.

This season has been one of the best.

4. arhimede

arhimede Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    7 episodes per series? 14/ 1 year...that's 3 month of TG per year.:((

5. Roadking

Roadking Karting

Oct 9, 2005
    Richard Hammond racing from Portofino to St. Tropez in Daytona. The one to watch.

6. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    Does this site still work? Last I saw it had been shut down by the BBC.

7. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The site owner gave the BBC the finger and began putting the episodes back up. Good thing too, I tried downloading an episode from final gear and my computer got infected.

8. david1175

david1175 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    in the doghouse
    Full Name:
    David
    Just go the original approach... DL "Azurus", then to finalgear.com.
    Should work fine.

9. david1175

david1175 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    in the doghouse
    Full Name:
    David
    That is a GREAT one too!

10. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    Well, since you put it that way...

Oh, I see now where you're from. Good man. :):)

11. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    #11 SPEEDCORE, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
    Well they used to have 10 ep a season. Only from season7 did they start cutting down. :(
    Season/Ep
    1 10 :D
    2 10 :D
    3 9 :)
    4 10 :D
    5 9 :)
    6 11 :D
    7 6 :(
    8 8 :eek:
    9 6 :(
    10 10 :D
    11 6 :(
    12 8 :eek:
    13 7 :eek:

Plus 5 specials. Hopefully they get HD cameras for the next season.

Now the wait till Season 14 :( :( :(

12. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Damn. Just finished watching the last segment of TG.

Probably their finest production ever.

13. kumbayah

kumbayah Karting

Jul 3, 2006
    I'm all for it... Can't wait to watch it.. Time to grab my pack O beers and deep fried Mars bars! TopGear rocks!

14. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    It was a great episode but IMO they wasted to much of the show on the VW advert segment?

15. #Lennard

#Lennard Formula 3

Aug 26, 2006
    Zeewolde/Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Lennard
    Berlin to Warsaw in just one tank :D

16. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    That was brilliant. I just about fell out of my chair.

17. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Best show in the world by miles. I always watch them faithfully every sunday at 8pm, then download the torrent the next day to watch whenever i'm bored really. It's a shame they're not making as many per season as they use to but thye are all doing different things. The last episode was one of the best in the series..... that ending was so Dramatic... Loved it!! Bring on November.

18. thecheddar

thecheddar Formula 3

Jun 29, 2006
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Cheddar, The
    I absolutely hate downloading illegally but they don't give us here in the States a choice (BBC America takes six months and the episodes are edited down). If they'd put up full episodes on iTunes or the BBC site the next day for a couple bucks I'd buy every one of them but they don't have the sense to do that yet.

Same thing with F1 - The SpeedTV or, god forbid, Fox TV coverage is pathetically cheap. It's three guys watching the world satellite feed from a sound booth! I enjoy the BBC F1 coverage and commentary but, yet again, there's no option to pay them what they clearly deserve.

Thus, Top Gear has created a market for illegal downloads!

19. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I think everyone downloading should buy their DVDs, buy calendars and buy t-shirts to support them and keep the show alive as long as we possibly can.

20. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Are you guys serious? This entire season was a real yawner aside from the F1/Veyron episode.

RMX

21. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Not anymore! THANKS!

22. kosmo

kosmo Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    BIg D
    JC's "drive to an ending" was/is sad and unfortunately inevitable.

23. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I think the season finale was below average. The VW commercial segment was OK, but nothing special. The Jay Leno interview was good but it was way too short. I actually read the McLaren F1 story here before! The ending was really bad - Clarkson driving an Aston Martin at 30MPH though the English countryside, telling us how this is the end of an era?

The highlights; Bugatti V McLaren, Michael Schumacher interview, Murciélago SV review, Jay Leno interview and that's about it.

24. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    I enjoyed the rally segment in Episode 6 with May paired to the model as his navigator as well.

Clarkson mentioned in episode 7 that they will be back in November, so I'm not concerned about the show being taken off the air.

There are also lots of possibilities for interesting episodes in the future. Just a few suggestions:

1. Say there are 8 episodes here could be the cars to test: Ferrari 458, Ferrari 599XX, Chevy Camaro SS (or Z28 if made), Corvette Gran Sport, Dodge Viper Coupe (600hp!), M-B E-class coupe, AM One-77, Maserati Gran Turismo S
    2. Older exotic challenge: perhaps an NSX vs. 348 vs. old ZR1
    3. How about a motorcycle test with Hammond on the Ducati Desmosedici RR?
    4. A comparison of $50k component cars would be neat: Factory Five GTM vs. Ultima vs. ???
    5. Brawn GP should let The Stig loose to see how a 2.4L V8 w/o TC goes on the track.
    6. The new 5.0L Jaguar XKR should have a segment (despite this seasons XFR test). Maybe a race across India?
    7. Stars in a Car candidates could include Valentino Rossi, Micheal Phelps, Susan Boyle, and maybe Clarkson should do one himself.

25. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    I was slightly disappointed with the ending.

Clarkson may be on to something, but at the end of the day I still wanted to see that Vantage get tortured around the test track.

The end will inevitably come--but let's go out with donuts and tire smoke, please.