Massa Updates | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Massa Updates

Discussion in 'F1' started by jknight, Jul 27, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ND Flack

ND Flack Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    DC
    Fantastic news!

2. dmaxx3500

dmaxx3500 Formula 3

Jul 19, 2008
    racing in f1 or not i pray he gets better ,hes lucky to be alive,if that spring hit him square in the visor we'd be reading about his passing,get well soon mr massa

3. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    Amazing how fast a healthy physique heals: Felipe is going to WALK out of that hospital.

4. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Thats some really good piece of news. He must be takin alot of bodybuilding protein to recover that fast :)

5. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    f1 live yesterday

Ferrari has said that the Brazilian will be moved from intensive care today and that he can sit upright and has taken his first steps before demanding to know who won the Hungarian Grand Prix.

According to Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport Massa asked his wife Rafaela in what position he had qualified at the time of his crash (tenth) and who won Sunday's 70-lap race.

When told that Lewis Hamilton had won ahead of Kimi Raikkonen, Massa is said to have answered: "That was my race!"

Massa, who may bypass the transfer to a Paris hospital and simply return home to Sao Paulo in a few days, is also believed to have spoken to Michael Schumacher by telephone.

He is not however ready to leave hospital altogether, with news that Massa is also suffering a gallbladder and intestinal inflammation; a seatbelt injury resulting from his collision with the tyre barrier when unconscious.

6. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/ferrari/5940631/Felipe-Massa-in-high-spirits-but-will-remain-in-Hungary-for-time-being.html
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hZL4O74AuFCZPVu46lEpnuLXEFzQD99OQV1O1
    (Ah, I remember the days when I was young and determined. :p)
    (Of course, "mind over matter" was easier before I grew a lot more "matter". :D)

Ever notice that you don't really hear about a race driver calling in sick with the flu? ;)

7. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LOL< true dat! driving at 160mph and sneezing into a helmet doesn't bear thinking about.:)

8. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    ****...i can only imagine. I have sinuze, maybe thats why God didn't want me to drive an F1 car...I have the speed, and the sinuze as well :D

9. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Go Felipe!

10. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    As the "returns" thread got a bit side-tracked, I figured I'd post this here:

Drivers send get well soon video messages to Felipe Massa (video):
    http://timesonline.typepad.com/formula_one/2009/07/drivers-send-get-well-soon-video-messages-to-felipe-massa.html

Listening to the assortment of English, Italian, and Portuguese greetings made me feel a bit like a clod (begin a native English speaker, I've always been hopeless at other languages). But I'd imagine that would be really good therapy for someone coming out of an induced coma. Interpreting spoken languages exercises quite a lot of the brain, I've heard.

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    well not calling in sick but Webber drove in fuji '07 with a bad case of food poisoning, and threw his breakfast/lunch out during the race...:eek:

12. Modeler

Modeler F1 Veteran

May 19, 2008
    State of confusion
    Full Name:
    a.n.other
    When Bruno Senna came from europe to race in the '06 Aussie GP supports. That's a couple of days travelling.

Someone had got his flights wrong so he only arrived in Oz on the Thursday, so late that he had to change into his race suit in the taxi on the way from the airport to the circuit. Jet lag? What's that? Then it was a quick sign-on, a sort of seat fit and straight into a 20-minute practice session in a car he'd never seen before that was different from the ones he was racing in the UK. He was 3rd fastest in that session and again in the qualifying session a couple of hours later. The first race was later still that day and he was 3rd in that, too, but was by now up to speed as he broke the lap record.

After a night's sleep, he won race 2 on Friday, ditto race 3 on Saturday and again race 4 on Sunday, all with with fastest lap for good measure. It was, as they say, a Senna-esque performance and the Aussies took him to their hearts.

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  14. Axecent

Axecent Formula 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Can I say motorcycle racers? Some of them have amazing histories of racing with severe injuries, broken bones, tearing casts off and racing. Esp dirt bike racers, racing with broken kneecaps, etc. Mick Doohan, 5X world GP champion and all around tough SOB, for example, narrowly avoided losing his leg from injuries sustained in a horrific accident, where the medical concensus was amputation ....in a successful attempt to save it, the GP circus doctor sewed his two legs together instead of amputation, in order to enhance blood flow to crushed/severely injured area. 6 weeks after sewing his legs together, his crew carried him out to put him on the GP 500 for practice. And yes, he raced that weekend. With both legs.

15. BJMoravek

BJMoravek Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    Boondocks, Maryland
    There was further proof of Felipe Massa’s strong recovery on Friday, as Ferrari revealed that the injured driver hopes to fly back to his native Brazil early next week. Massa sustained a fractured skull in an accident during qualifying for last weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix.

“Felipe Massa's health condition is improving day by day so that a return back home could be imminent,” said Ferrari. “If everything proceeds the best possible way, Felipe could leave Budapest on Monday to be brought to Sao Paulo.”

Massa left intensive care on Wednesday, having spent several days in an artificial coma following emergency surgery on his injuries. He has since made rapid progress and is now expected to continue his recuperation with his family.

It is hoped Massa will make a full recovery, though no date has yet been set for his return to competition. Former Ferrari team mate Michael Schumacher is planning to come out of retirement to take his place at the forthcoming European Grand Prix.

16. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
  17. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
  18. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Here's a pic of Felipe post surgery. That cut does look nasty.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  20. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    Bravo...!

Felipe....!

21. Alex1015

Alex1015 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2005
    USA
    Webber is a tough SOB. There's even a video on youtube where you can here him reject his breakfast over the radio. Bad enough until you realize he was wearing a helmet and declined to come in because he was in a winning position.

22. DGS

Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    That wasn't just from the spring by itself. I think that's the incision from the skull surgery.

23. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    It was great to see Massa's interview on Italian TV yesterday.

It's great to see his positive attitude.

24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yup watched that live. That's one of the reasons I like Webber, if he has the slightest chance of a podium/good points he WILL go for it no matter what. :)

25. Dean Lewis

Dean Lewis Formula Junior

May 16, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Full Name:
    Dean Lewis
    Great to see him fit and well, doing well
    for such an injury