injury | FerrariChat

injury

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by fatbillybob, Jul 31, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    My guess is that there are more dual use HPDE guys here than racers. Guys got to pay real close attention to setups in general and dual use cars especially. It is so hard to find all the right compromises to get a dual use car to be safe. Here is a good article that will get you thinking. Not for weak stomachs...

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/6760783-post1.html

2. Dean Lewis

Dean Lewis Formula Junior

May 16, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Full Name:
    Dean Lewis
    i wish i never saw this thread, u should be banned :p:p atleast you gave a heads up

3. chrismorse

chrismorse Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    way north california
    Full Name:
    chris morse
    Now, look, if the guy had not been wearing those restrictive belts, he would have had no sack injuries - he might have been thrown clear of the wreck- like through the windshield after going chest first into the wheel - maybe we should rethink belts,,well maybe not.

ding dong,
    X

4. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Ummmmm....

5. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    good god man thats gotta hurt....

6. RSQP

RSQP F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Beaker
    Ouch. Thanks for the warning - I should have listened but just couldn't resist.

7. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    :eek: I feel sick, I only finished eating about ten minutes ago.

8. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    ahrrrrr....my @@ hurt now :(

*faints*

9. fgg

fgg Karting

Jul 5, 2005
    Dearborn, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Frank Guido
    #9 fgg, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
    Helluva way to get a vasectomy! I especially liked the medical analysis of "degloving." I mean, shouldn't it be "desacking," or "debaging." LOL. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Sorry belts were obviously not correctly position/installed on the co driver. The belts that go up through the seat are supposed to go beside your testicles and against your leg and pelvis, not trapping them.

My bet as this was a rallying incident is that the belts had worked loose and that is no good at all.
    Pete

11. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Maybe or slipped during crash. However, 5 hole seats are not setup properly for a 6pt harness. A proper seat would have holes cut at an angle for the subs to encourage a proper emergence profile. But what do I know all the plastic seat makers do it that way so it must be right and all the NASTY car guys with the custom metal seats and proper angled holes must be just wasting time. Honestly for tintops NASCAR safety is what we should be shooting for. They incorporate all the proper elements, seats connected to cages, sidenets, hans, etc...

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Agree.

Pete

13. OC Speed Junkie

OC Speed Junkie Formula 3

Aug 6, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I was about to jump in my car with 5 point harnesses and run to the store.