Is this a factory option 360 front nose piece & what is a front challenge grill? | FerrariChat

Is this a factory option 360 front nose piece & what is a front challenge grill?

Discussion in '360/430' started by andrew911, Aug 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
  2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Front Challenge Grills are the wire mesh grills at the front bumper scoop instead of plastic vanes/slates which were stock on most of the cars.

The eBay car appears to have them. There were some knock-off versions of the grills on eBay that were close looking, but not exact to the original design.

3. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    #3 andrew911, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
    I see....but what about the extrusion of the front lip- is that a factory aero option or something? I've never noticed it before on other cars, although I'm only recently been focusing more on 360's...

I noticed that "RenoCS"'s old Challenge Stradale had the same front in a thread that just popped up (his old car is now on ebay), which lead me to look at pictures of other Stradales- it appears to be something related to that car, but I don't notice different front bodywork mentioned in any description of the differences between a Stradale and the stock 360, beyond that the stradale has lighter weight bumpers. If the redesigned bumper is basically the lighter weight bumper, is it exclusive to the stradale or was it ever offered as an option on the standard 360?

4. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Lip looks like it is a CS front bumper, might be wrong, but pretty sure thats what that is. I remember seeing a car similar for sale at cavallino motors a while back.

5. Patentman

Patentman Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2004
    Boston/Delray Beach
    Full Name:
    Barry W. Chapin
    It is a stradale front end. The challenge stradales also had rocker panels that were squared off at the bottom instead of the ones on a standard 360 that rounded or curved under the car.