HFO's?? Dave Helms to the rescue | FerrariChat

HFO's?? Dave Helms to the rescue

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by bcwawright, Aug 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    #1 bcwawright, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well it's bound to happen sooner or later...i.e. becoming a "Homeless Ferrari Owner"

Since you may not qualify for the "Cash for Clunkers", Dave has teamed up with his sister-in-law,Nancy Pelosi, and FEMA to help you thru these hard times.

The kit includes everything you need to live comfortably even in the hotest climates. And if you order within the next 30 days you get 2 rolls of Noth Korean duct tape and a 6ft non grounded extension cord for free.

Dave is even accepting Section 8 housing vouchers...WOW!!! Please Note: If you do not have a voucher he will also take a cashiers check from the Bank of Nigeria.

These units can be leased or purchased depending upon how long you expect to be down and out.

The unit shown is a prototype.....however, the retail offer now includes custom design for all Ferrari models and an in-trunk mounted generator just so some other envious homeless person can't steal yours.

So what are you waiting for.....I've already installed mine and it was a piece of cake. And let me tell you something, there is nothing better than to cool of in a roomy Ferrari after a hard day of dumpster diving.

Thanks Dave for coming to the rescue.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. enginefxr

enginefxr Formula 3

Aug 20, 2007
    S&R Exotics
    Full Name:
    Gary Sharpe
    Is the expanding foam included, or an extra cost option? :)
    And does the non-grounded extension cord come with the Helms "Skunk Works" Gold Plated connectors?

3. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    #3 gerritv, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
    I can see the price of 400's going up as a result of this new feature! Think of the space in the bedroom, aka back seat. Beats a batchelor pad, single room 308.

(Has anyone been browsing http://thereifixedit.com/ ?? They have many innovative ideas online.)

4. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Dave installed the swamp cooler (with very realistic looking fools gold terminals) in my F40 and its fantastic. At first the car pulled slightly to the right at about 150 mph so he installed 20" tires only on the right side of the car to offset the pull. Only a engineer with real world skillz could come up with such a simple yet elegant solution. magnifico!

5. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    HHHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............... !

Interesting timing and wording in this thread.

6. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    Nice tail lights, what, giant LEDs?

7. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    It's nice to hear that some "HFO's" can afford the gas to stay mobile....definitely gives you the advantage of finding the choiceist dumpsters to dig thru.

Since my Ferrari living quarters are a permanet fixture of the Wal-Mart parking lot I don't have to worry about the aerodynamic pitfalls with Dave's design, but on the other hand I'm stuck with only 10 dumpsters to dive in.....very boring

8. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    #8 Llenroc, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
    Now that is just pure genius. I knew Dave was brilliant but I had no idea as to the extent of it. Bruce are sure that is all Dave's idea? I don't get it though where is the wire that powers the A/C unit?

9. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    I thought you would get a kick out of that picture.

Your just upset you hadnt thought of it first! Do the same on the Omni and you might have the power to pass the horse drawn carts on the way to town while enjoying climate control.

10. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Will there be enough power for my washer and dryer, or would you recommend a second generator?

11. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I really wish I could take credit for this but it's all the creation of a true visionary.

This "HFO" kit is offered in 2 versions...external rear trunk mount with power cord run inside thru the trunk weatherstripping and thru the rear seat, or internal trunk mount which prevents theft of the generator. Either version still permits the vehicle to be mobile if you can sell enough aluminum cans to buy fuel...

Foam sealant and gold connector kit for the free power cord are optional since these upgrades are not covered by Section 8 Housing Vouchers.

Just think...if it comes to this atleast you won't have to worry about painting the porch...lol

12. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Washer and dryer???? You must own a 400 or 550, be married and have atleast 1 dependent child living in the car with you to qualify under Section 8...lol

A second generator is not covered......you must turn off the A/C when using the washer/dryer

13. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Ha Ha.......I can't even pass the horse drawn carts as it is

14. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    Get rid of that AC compressor drain and you will have a rocket Omni (if towed by the space shuttle while in decent)....

I had a Subaru 4wd wagon with an automatic trans back in the early 80's. Only once did I pull out to pass on the highway with the AC on...compressor kicked on and it was like someone threw out a drag chute as I pulled along side. The other driver felt so bad he pulled on to the shoulder so we could be on our way. The aerodynamics of the Wrangler we have now is akin to that of a rolling outhouse...passing at 6000 ft altitude is only done at sub 50mph levels, a drag race with a Prius is a toss up to 45 and then I get my backside handed to me and it has NO AC. I showed this photo to Kris as a real suggestion.... Why else would someone go through the brain damage to put a 355 engine in a 308?! I have to save face somehow...folks in town know where I work.

15. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    How in the world did you find this post since the moderators moved it to the bottom of the barrel?

When my A/C does work it cuts my hp in half or more.....I always hit the off button before I try and pass one of those fast moving John Deere tractors...lol