Hate to part with my 512TR... | FerrariChat

Hate to part with my 512TR...

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by BlackTwelve, Aug 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlackTwelve

BlackTwelve Rookie

Nov 26, 2004
    New York, now Maine.
    Full Name:
    Bob
    With great sadness, I've listed my '93 512TR on ebay today. It's been a wonderful car to own, drive and experience and will go down as the pinnacle of my automotive ownership life (no Enzos in my future, I'm afraid...). Where else to go but down from here. Life adventures call for me to be away from it long enough that it doesn't make sense and isn't right to store it, so I'm hoping it finds a good home with another enthusiast. If you know anyone who'd like to own a wonderful example, referrals would be appreciated!

2. Drew_4RE

Drew_4RE Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 19, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Drew
    You should pay the 15$ and post it on Ferrari ads as no doubt this shameless plug will be deleted soon!

3. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

....a little harsh...yes?

He doesn't mention the price or his contact info. I've seen many posters make parting statements.

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice !

4. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    What's crawled up your rear end? He is a fellow Fchater we all know who is expressing his sadness. Are you in charge of policing the advertising here on Fchat too or just the airlines?

5. I'm gone

I'm gone Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2006
    Phoenix,az
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Even though it looks like it needs a service next year, you could always put it on a cargo plane or in a container and ship her to your new home!

6. Forexpreneur

Forexpreneur Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alexander Everhart
    Sorry to hear about the need to sell your beloved TR. Best wishes to you and may the new owner love it as much as you.

7. Forexpreneur

Forexpreneur Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alexander Everhart
    Thanks for your sympathy Mr. Azzhat, May The Force Be With You.

8. Drew_4RE

Drew_4RE Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 19, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Drew
    Whoa whoa now!

Seemed pretty clear to me he was asking if anyone knew a buyer, not just talking about all the fun he had. I was actually giving him some sound advice on paying the 15$ and subscribing. After all, this site has given us all a lot of knowledge and help over the years and if paying the 15$ is a way to show gratitude and hopefully sell his car quicker, then he should do it!

I honestly didn't expect the ad, sorry thread, to to stay up!

9. BlackTwelve

BlackTwelve Rookie

Nov 26, 2004
    New York, now Maine.
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I know many of you have felt the same pain when parting with a treasured vehicle, especially one that you've always held on a pedestal and when owning it was the realization of a dream. Some guys are fortunate enough to be in a position of buying as many of or all the toys they want, regardless of cost, and they are constantly either flipping them or just adding to the numbers. And while I envy them on one level, I also feel a little sorry for them, as they never get the opportunity to fall in love with only one and really savor it, get to know it intimately. It's like screwing lots of gorgeous women maybe... when it's all said and done, you can still feel lonely and empty at the end (although you've got some great memories!)
    One thing I also wanted to do was share (and reflect on) the joy owning this car has brought me. It's never given me any trouble, and other than the $$$ major (which you have to plan on as part of ownership - pay to play), it's been like owning a Honda. Turn the key, drive and smile. Also, I'm endorsing going for it and getting your dream car if it's a 512TR, as they are a wonderful blend of style and performance. Don't be scared off by hearing some of the things that happen to people. If you treat them right and maintain them properly, they give you joy back in spades. You're right, I should have also listed it in Ferrari ads (even if only to support this board) and I'll look into doing it when I get caught up with my travels. Thanks again...

10. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Drive on mt TR brother.. Sad to hear you have her on the block.. I read ya loud and clear..

R