August 8 Event -- Cars & Croissants 3 -- Chatham, NJ | FerrariChat

August 8 Event -- Cars & Croissants 3 -- Chatham, NJ

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by kmeighannj, Jul 26, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kmeighannj

kmeighannj Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 21, 2006
    Bedminster, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kirk M
    Same location -- a bit earlier -- 8 am on Saturday, August 8. We'll be there at least a couple of hours.

Woodland Bakery
    650 Shunpike Road
    Chatham, NJ

We had about 40 cars on Saturday so we are growing each time. Great to see all the Ferrari's and other Italian cars out there. Invite your friends with interesting cars -- all marques are welcome and add to the interesting mix.

2. Lenvo65

Lenvo65 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2005
    Bergen Cty NJ
    Darn - I am away that weekend. I will mention it to friends and hopefully make the following one.

3. GranCruBa

GranCruBa Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    Bernardsville, NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris S.
    Looking forward to it....see you there!!

4. stuckinkuwait

stuckinkuwait Formula Junior

Jul 25, 2004
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Lenny S
    I will be there! Had a great time last Saturday.

5. decardona

decardona Formula 3

Apr 23, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis Cardona
    It was a great time. Met several enthusastic owners and onlookers. Hopefully, they will all be back and then some. What car is going to be the topic vehicle?

6. decardona

decardona Formula 3

Apr 23, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis Cardona
    Chance of showers for Saturday. Hopefully, it won't happen. Hope to see everyone again, and then some.

7. Tax Dr

Tax Dr Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2008
    I should be there with the Enzo and the 599.

8. decardona

decardona Formula 3

Apr 23, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis Cardona
    I can't wait to see your wonderful cars. My wife works in Livingston and sees the Enzo on occasion. Hopefully, I can get her to come.

9. Lucky355F1

Lucky355F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2008
    Bridgewater, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I will be there with my 355.

10. kmeighannj

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 21, 2006
    Bedminster, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kirk M
    Look forward to seeing everyone Saturday. We will be a go unless you see a post to the contrary from me. Our feature car (which will be the topic of a 15 min or so discussion from the owner -- like I did last time with my Daytona) will be Abi Singh's new Alfa 8C.

11. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    I plan on being there- nice showing last time!

12. Boosted930

Boosted930 Karting

Apr 9, 2004
    Morristown, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rob Gordon
    Didn't realize this came around again so soon! Last time was fun. I'll bring the Lambo this time. :)

13. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    #13 andrew911, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. decardona

decardona Formula 3

Apr 23, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis Cardona
    #14 decardona, Aug 8, 2009
    Another great gathering. It was terrific to see the turnout is getting larger. And it was a pleasure to see familiar faces along with new ones. My wife and I would especially like to thank Rich (Tax Dr.) for his kindness and generosity. Your willingness to provide people an experience by making your cars so available is something we will always remember. The Bruce experience was awesome, too. Hope to have the opportunity to speak to you again at the next meeting.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
  16. Lucky355F1

Lucky355F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2008
    Bridgewater, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Great pictures!!! On one of the few good days we've had this summer. Thanks Clyde.

17. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Was finally able to make one of these, albeit late, but still made it. Thanks for putting this together Kirk. Very nice informal gathering, looking forward to the next one.

18. ferraifanatic

ferraifanatic Rookie

May 16, 2009
    Morristown, NJersey
    Full Name:
    Bobby K
    great turn out, thanks for making it possible and thanks for postig pics...look forward to next event on 23rd.

19. aespo22

aespo22 Rookie

Apr 12, 2009
    Madison
    Full Name:
    Anthony Esposito
    First off I would like to extend a thank you to everyone involved in yesterdays gathering, the cars were truly a sight to behold. Perhaps the only thing that bothered me were the oblivious customers entering and exiting the mall parking lot not realizing that they were opening their car doors mere inches away from such precious metal. Being a huge car fanatic myself, and seeing as I have to worry about this problem as well, I thought I would extend an invitation from across the way. My family owns Professional Village (the three buildings directly across from the Drug Fair parking lot, 661 Shunpike Rd.) and would be honored to hold a get-together there. The two Professional Village parking lots hold over 100 spaces, all of which are free on Saturday mornings. If this is of interest to anyone feel free to notify me through this forum or call me on my cell at 973-886-3044, my name is Anthony Esposito.

20. kmeighannj

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 21, 2006
    Bedminster, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kirk M

Anthony,

Thanks for the gracious invitation. I agree that this is a problem. In fact, a couple of non-participant bakery customers sought me out, as the organizer, and expressed concern from their perspective as well. I think we can solve this problem by not parking in the first 2 rows nearest the stores as there are additional empty rows further away from the stores that we are not utilizing. We actually like being near the bakery so we can get food and beverages, and the bakery owners are extremely excited about having the additional business. On the next C&C invitation/announcement, I will specifically request that we not use those first 2 rows of parking. We will definitely keep your offer in mind -- if we continue to grow at this rate, we may need a larger space... Thanks again.

Kirk

21. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Yep, simple solution. It struck me as odd that folks did park close to the bakery. Being guests in that lot, I didn't want to implede their business.

22. aespo22

aespo22 Rookie

Apr 12, 2009
    Madison
    Full Name:
    Anthony Esposito
    No problem, just trying to provide another option. If your group does expand as anticipated just let me know, the lot is always available on weekends.

23. Metro Euro

Metro Euro Rookie

Aug 19, 2009
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter Bruno
    #25 Metro Euro, Aug 28, 2009
    Car show this Tuesday night!! Anyone looking to show off your car, hang out and eat. This Tuesday night @381 N. Midland Ave, Saddle Brook, NJ. Vehicles from all around the region are welcomed. I am the President of the Euro Division at the show, and have opened the door to many high end and exotic vehicles including Audi R8's, 911TT, BMW's, Lamborghini's, Ferrari, Maserati and many more. Cost is $5 for registration. The grill is going all night so there is plenty of food and everyones favorite...a Mr SOFTEE Ice Cream truck! Over 25 Trophies wil be given out including giveaways and door prizes. The show starts at 7pm and ends at 9:30pm. Please let me know ahead of time if you would like to attend so I can reserve parking spots for you in the Euro section of the show. Please ask for me upon arrival - Peter Bruno
    Image Unavailable, Please Login