Barrett Jackson Auto Auction | FerrariChat

Barrett Jackson Auto Auction

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by armani2, Aug 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. armani2

armani2 Guest

Dec 18, 2005
    UPPER MARLBORO MD
    Full Name:
    GREG AKA MIKE LOWERY
    I would like information about the Barrett Jackson Auto Auction in Arizona this October. I am trying to locate tickets or an invite for a friend. It is a birthday and 10 year anniversary dream for my friend to attend this event.

2. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Don't waste your time at BJ. Its initials are an appropriate acronym for what the event really is. Barrett Jackson will make you feel like you had a nasty encounter with a transgender hooker. You'll feel used and dirty and you won't get off.
    Go to Arizona by all means at that time. but the other auctions going on at the same time are far more rewarding from a spectators POV. Russo & Steele does what Barrett Jackson used to do, just better and more intimate. RM is always a fun event with some really spectacular cars that you will never see anywhere else and David Gooding, as the new kid on the block, puts on a wonderful show with some really nice cars crossing the block.

3. vintagemotorcars

BANNED

Apr 22, 2008
    Mesa Az.
    Full Name:
    KP
    I think the October auction is in Vegas

4. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    there are better things out there

If you like the cars then RM/Gooding/WWG/christies etc are better

If you like the circus and don't mind the faint odor of elephant poo Barrets away

5. armani2

armani2 Guest

Dec 18, 2005
    UPPER MARLBORO MD
    Full Name:
    GREG AKA MIKE LOWERY
    Thank you for the information about the Barrett Jackson Auto Auction. I forgot it was in Vegas in October. Can you provide me with information about the Russo and Steele Show? I want my friend to have a great experience at an auto auction.

6. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    http://www.russoandsteele.com/

7. pat_ernzen

pat_ernzen Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    I have to agree with all of this. It's unfortunate, but I've noticed Barrett-Jackson go downhill even within just the last few years. Nice, colorful analogy there as well, haha.

8. armani2

armani2 Guest

Dec 18, 2005
    UPPER MARLBORO MD
    Full Name:
    GREG AKA MIKE LOWERY
    Thanks so much guys.

9. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Sorry I kinda disagree.

While the types of cars at the Barrett-Jackson Auction has changed. Alot. There is this massive feel about it I like. If you want to go and see million dollar cars..forget it. Go somewhere else. If you want to see tens of thousands of people at an auction that in alot of ways looks like organised chaos..go for it.

I have always enjoyed the Barrett Jackson auction. Alot actually. But I have been coming from a much different perspective that most. I wasn't there as a bidder, I was a vendor there selling diecast models from about 1992 to 2004.

If you want to see cars, go Thursday or even sooner. If you want to see chaos, go Saturday. But be prepared to pay the most and get there early.

btw if you are there to shop vendors, Barrett-Jackson has all the other auctions combined beat. Hands down. There are vendors there from around the country if not world that are there selling that you will never otherwise see in Arizona. (Assuming not everyone is now selling gold chain jewelry and time shares).

10. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    BJ deserves no credibility or respect until Barrett-Jackson can explain why their "hammered closed" at $4.1 Million GM Futurliner went to the 3rd place bidder circa $3.8 Million in 2006.

There is at least the *appearance* of a phantom bidder involved, and that taints the entire auction house.

11. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    welcome to the auction world... don't even get me remotely started on the daytona coupe at mecum

12. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    #12 writerguy, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    LOL so true... looks like it sold a few hours ago... 7.25 million... not quite the 10+ mill they were hoping for...

14. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Futurliner is going back up for sale at BJ in January.

Sale Of Ron Prattes 1950 Futurliner At 2015 Barrett Jackson - Barrett-Jackson Auction Company - World's Greatest Collector Car Auctions

15. PhillipsLT5

PhillipsLT5 Rookie

Apr 14, 2013
    Jan 10-18, 2015