Need Advice | FerrariChat

Need Advice

Discussion in '360/430' started by trialman1, Aug 9, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. trialman1

trialman1 Karting

Oct 18, 2008
    new york
    Full Name:
    steven
    I have a 2000 360 MT which i purchased last august from the dealer who did the service before i picked it up. I've put about 1,200 miles on it. Do i need to do a full yearly service or just an oil change and top off the fluids? Thanks,

2. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    When I had my 360 & CS, I just did the oil change and checked all fluids. I'm assuming that by what you said that your car is completely up to snuff as far as services are concerned? Since your car is MY 2000, when was your last belt service? It looks like if it's on a normal schedule it might be due soon?

3. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    #3 Ingpr, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
    When I bought my 360 I took it to the dealership to get a check out. They only charge me two man hours. When they finish with the car I foud out that I need a belt change, a new clutch and some other parts. But I the end you will see all your car really need.

4. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    In addition to oil change you may consider brake fluid, depending on mileage and driving conditions. Have you ever had your gear box fluid changed?? Thats a biggie and make sure the remove the bumper and clean the filter screen. The screen cand and will collect deposits and has caused some transmissions to sieze.

Like others have mentioned, being a 2000 I hope belt service has been performed at some point in the last 3 years, if not, get it done.

5. trialman1

trialman1 Karting

Oct 18, 2008
    new york
    Full Name:
    steven
    Belt Service was done when i purchased the car a year ago. The car was in the dealer a month or so ago to adjust the gearbox and replace the clutch pan. They went over the car and the pan was the only issue they found. Thanks for the advice.