Anyone confirmed on the list for 458? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone confirmed on the list for 458?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by petearron, Jul 31, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    I called Wynn Ferrari locally. I was not advised of anything which is not typical to all Ferrari dealers, but the part that surprised me was that this salesperson had *zero* idea about what to even tell his best customers about this car and its availability. He just said it is too soon to tell anything right now

2. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    He was very honest with you.
    That's really the situation right now,nobody knows anything yet....

3. ferrariblue

ferrariblue Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Cody

+1
    That's right. I was also talking to my California based dealer I bought my F430 from and my sales guy said that they have not even started a list yet for the 458. He was expecting first cars to be delivered by late 2010, probably will be MY2011 cars.

C-

4. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Same story up here in the NW. Not on "the list" for the 458.......but on the "list" for the Spider and the Lightweight version.

5. Back Marker

Back Marker Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2006
    South
    Full Name:
    Tom

I believe dealers have a meeting around Sept 9th. Perhaps after this meeting they will have more complete info to pass on.

6. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    in that case, i better give up the dream :)

7. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!

Yeah I agree. I appreciated his honesty and how forthcoming he was regarding the whole thing. He told me his best customers have been calling regarding the car and he has no idea what to tell them. I guess for someone who is really that interested it is not going to be a huge deal obtaining a car from a re-seller.......if mark-up is not an issue. I suspect at least +$50k will be the norm for a while.

8. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    Give me the dealers info...I will pay 101 k....LOL. ;)

I am wondering if there would be anyone willing to pay over list in this climate for the 458? Maybe by 2010 Sept/Oct the economy will look very different and people would start to get stupid again? In general, people amaze me at how short their memory can get. :)

9. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Unbelievable :(

10. Back Marker

Back Marker Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2006
    South
    Full Name:
    Tom

Not to me. To some people $100k is pocket change.

11. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    So when can we expect the release & availability of the 458 Italia 1:18th scale model then? :)

12. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    +1 ............ :)

13. aschultz19

aschultz19 Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2009
    Plain"Jane"Field, IL
    Full Name:
    Tony..........
    My dealer has already confirmed that they are not confirming anyone on the list except those that have already been confirmed. So in trying to get myself confirmed on the list I actually bumped myself off the confirmed list and have been placed in the confirmed not to be confirmed until the confirmation is confirmed but not before those not confirmed before me are confirmed... Hence I am my own Grandpa..... (cute little song by the way)... So if ya need a place on the list, call me and I'll see what I can do.
    Tony.........

14. RTB

RTB Formula 3

Sep 5, 2006
    UK
    The Global Launch is next month at Maranello - I'll ask Luca and feed back to you.

15. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    #40 Testacojones, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
    I wouldn't worry about any list, after the hype brand new cars will be available to first time buyers. I hope that will not be the case because then our present cars will be even lower in cash value, but with this economy

16. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I personally know a few people who would pay over list for an early spot and some of them have bought new Ferrari's before

17. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    There are brand new scuderias sitting in showrooms for sale without a premium and the same will be seen with the 458. If someone is so desperate as to not wait a few months to get one from the showroom floor then is because they got plenty of money to throw away.

18. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    I'm confirmed on the list...of dreamers that is. :D

-G.B.