suspension button indicator? | FerrariChat

suspension button indicator?

Discussion in '360/430' started by PSTexas, Aug 10, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSTexas

PSTexas Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Southlake TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    after pressing the Suspension button, I didn't seem to notice and indication of any kind of whether or not I was turning it on or off -

so my question is, how do you know what setting it is on?

2. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    which car do you have?

3. PSTexas

PSTexas Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Southlake TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    sorry - 2008 scuderia

4. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    If you're talking about the button that looks like a shock absorber it will illuminate a little shock on the display where it shows you you're in Race mode or whatever mode you're in. At least that's where mine is. :)

5. HighFive

HighFive Karting

May 15, 2008
    Southern California
    The little shock absorber symbol will display the SOFT suspension setting when the manettino is set in Race, CT Off or CST Off only. There is a good description about this in page 81 of the owner's manual.

6. PSTexas

PSTexas Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Southlake TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    hmm, yea that must be the issue, as I am driving in "sport" mode, and when I press the button, nothing happens, other than the word sport showing up on the display.

7. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    yes there are 3 suspension levels, full soft, sport and race. The damper button takes the dampers between race and full soft in Race and CT/CST Off. Sport has its own setting between the two and the rain mode is full soft, neither can be modified with the damper button.

Race + damper off and rain mode are the two to use, I personally see no point in the sport mode. The TC is so superior in the Scud to previous systems on the 430 and 360, even the rain mode is way better than sport on previous generation cars.

8. RSQP

RSQP F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Beaker
    Keep it in race.

9. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Absolutely! :)

10. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Was there another setting?? ;)

11. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Agree with the sentiments above - I find Sport a complete waste of time as it's harder than Race with Soft suspension on - go figure!

I hope they get this right with the 458 - I see the button's been moved to the steering, now they need to make the setting "lockable" so when you select Soft it stays there no matter where the mannetino is. Going over expansion joints and other highway debris is just too hard in Race - you need German-style autobahns to really enjoy it. If the only thing Schumi did was to separate the suspension from the Race setting - what a difference over the CS. To have a comfortable ride, the hair trigger throttle response and 60ms gear****s - what a car!

12. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    Are you driving in slippery surface or Sport mode in the manettino? In this two modes, the button doesn't work. Once you drive in Race mode, CT-OFF or CST-OFF, the button will switch between Soft and Hard, the dashboard will show an indicator with a car and a bumpy surface when in Soft mode.