Silly question about my 328- Flame guard is on.... | FerrariChat

Silly question about my 328- Flame guard is on....

Discussion in '308/328' started by Fiat4Fun, Aug 10, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fiat4Fun

Fiat4Fun Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2008
    Sunriver OR
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Howdy,
    Approaching one year of ownership on my 328. Pretty excited, since I have had no issues.
    I did notice my tach once be flaky and registered low...... but all in all, trouble free......
    And this forum has been great and I feel I can handle anything. I am planning on doing the belts later this year as I approach five years since they were done.

So yesterday I took it for a drive in the mountains, and there was a ton a road repair........
    I was thinking that some type of wheel splash guard would be nice to protect the car. Anyone done anything like this to a 3X8 series car?
    Any thoughts?
    I hate to do anything bad to the car, but also want to protect it. Or, maybe just put some clear 3M guard on it.............

Thanks,
    Bob

2. ace_pilot

ace_pilot Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    George
    I was thinking along the same lines but have never seen it.

Ace

3. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Much better idea, unless you can find the Yosemite Sam mud flaps to fit a Ferrari.

4. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    funny, i have had several of the older toyota mr2's , and i bet the "mudflaps" they had would fit a 308's lines ... LOL .

5. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I have a clear bra on my car and the kit included pieces that protect the small panels behind the front wheels and also the panels behind the rear wheels. I'm very happy with them.

Best regards,
    Dino

6. Fiat4Fun

Fiat4Fun Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2008
    Sunriver OR
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Dino,
    Do you by any chance have a pictures or more details? Do they wrap inside the wheel wells?

I was thinking of mud flaps that have the chrome girl figures on them, or Marvin The Martian...........

Thanks everyone for not flaming me!!!!!!!!

PS.... I wish I had some time to do some Photoshop work.................

7. FF8929

FF8929 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2008
    Livonia, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Fred Flynn
    It might be "memorable" if some one did, just for laughs, show up with a bunch of easily removable crap, like fuzzy dice, fuzzy steering wheel cover, "chrome girl" mud flaps, etc. Though they might be whacked before they could explain it was a joke. Perhaps this has been done before?

8. petearron

petearron Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    jeff
    #8 petearron, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
    There are no fender liners on the 3x8s for the front. On a mountain ride the front tire kicked up a rock and caused a reverse starbust ding in my front fender of my old 328, my paint was perfect before this, Ferrari should have used front liners.

9. BassMan

BassMan Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I'm looking into getting the 3M film to at least cover the Fog Lamp lenses on my 328. Can you recommend a source ?

10. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Griots sells the thicker protective film for those lenses. It's not the same as the 3M film used to protect painted surfaces.

11. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    The rear ones start in the edge/lip of the wheel wells, but they do not go in very far. I'm not positive about the front ones, they might go slightly into the beginning of the wheel well.. To be honest, unless you know to look for them you would not notice them at all. I don't have any photos, of these clear bra parts. But they are really well done, so I don't think they would be visible in photos. I've posted lots of photos of the car over the years and no one has ever asked if their is any clear bra on my car.

Best regards,
    Dino