iPod issue | FerrariChat

iPod issue

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Gilles27, Aug 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Anyone have this problem? My Nano 4 won't sync, kind of. All the music is in my iTunes library, and when I try to sync, it won't go through. The iPod shows nothing on it, but on-screen it shows that the music has been transferred. When I open the iPod library, everything is in there, except the screen is grayed over. WTF? Help!

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    have you tried resetting it (toggling the hold switch or holding down menu and select buttons)?

do you have functionality on the iPod otherwise (ability to change settings, access photos, etc)?

3. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    It's bizarre. Everything is as normal as ever, except I have no music on the device (like when you unpackage it) and when you sync it, it runs through the entire library but nothing actually transfers. I don't think it's the cord, because the iPod interfaces with the mac. Even the tech support didn't get it straightened out, but I'll try again tomorrow.

4. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Schedule an appointment with the genius bar at your local Apple store.

5. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    My very uninformed guess is it has to do with software incompatibilities. Last week I ran the recommended updates for Safari and iTunes. Shortly after that, my Safari wouldn't work. Tech support was great, and ultimately we determined I probably experienced signal dropout during the update. I had to do an OS restore to get things working again, and after that my printer wasn't recognized! This was my first iPod sync since that episode, and would think it has something to do with that. I need to call tech support again. The only problem with the genius bar is I'd probably have to bring the mac in as well.