Moving to Denver in 3 weeks (!). Just a Few Questions | FerrariChat

Moving to Denver in 3 weeks (!). Just a Few Questions

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by fingolfin, Aug 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fingolfin

fingolfin Formula 3

Apr 23, 2007
    Well, I just graduated from college and I've always been in love with the idea of living in CO. My girlfriend just started at DU Law and so I'm moving out there in 3 weeks. I'm an avid triathlete, mountain biker, and snowboarder, so I think it's safe to say I'll really love it.

On top of it all, I've done a little bit of indoor karting, and would like to keep it up (provided I can find a job to fund my expensive hobbies). Are there any indoor karting tracks worth visiting in the area? More importantly, I've looked at The Track online. Is the league there well attended? How about the track in general: is it fun? Well maintained?

Thanks for any help, and I'm really looking forward to getting there soon and settling in for 300 days/year of sunshine (especially coming from the 365 days/year of Beijing smog).

2. NWaterfall

NWaterfall Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2009
    The Track
    Full Name:
    Waterfall
    Don't know too much about the club racing at The Track, but it is an awesome track! Nice elevation changes and just a blast to drive! I would definitely recommend racing there if you appreciate a fine track! For more specifics about The Track possibly try your same question on www.ekartingnews.com

Hope this helps,

Nate

3. fingolfin

fingolfin Formula 3

Apr 23, 2007
    I'm also looking for any other car information... good routes to drive, places to check out.

I plan on hitting up FOD, and I know there is a Shelby collection in Boulder, although I don't know if you can get anywhere near it, since I've been told it is one of the best in the world.

4. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Moving my 25 yr old son there in three weeks to start at DU in the business school for his Masters in Finance. Who knows maybe you should pm a message to him. Send it through me if your interested. He is a Porsche club Track junkie and a pretty good Karting racer as well. Also into golf and Skiing. Just an FYI. Jon ( son is Chris)

5. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens

Guys,
    check out http://www.thetrack.us for Karting. I don't know of any good indoor places here in town but this one is the best in town in terms of quality, customer service and being open regularly. IMI Motorsports is also available and they have Kart track at Bandimere also. A group of us here run every Thursday at the track...

6. Imola2001

Imola2001 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    SoCO & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Mike C.
    You can, and it is $5 to get in to see it.

www.shelbyamericancollection.com

7. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    With those hobbies, you will fit right in. My wife is DU law grad.

Dave

8. fingolfin

fingolfin Formula 3

Apr 23, 2007
    How did she like it?

9. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It was decades ago.

Dave

10. fingolfin

fingolfin Formula 3

Apr 23, 2007
    I got to Denver yesterday and absolutely love it so far. I ate at the 9th door last night, in Lower Downtown. Today I'm just job hunting, and plan on visiting FoD today or tomorrow. After coming back from a summer in China, it's like arriving in paradise to actually be able to see the sky.