AR 8C GTA | FerrariChat

AR 8C GTA

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by abster, Aug 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    It will need all the tweaking to compete with the F458. Not sure about the big white lips.

2. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    You probably mean F430. The 458 will probably be in a different league alltogether...

A bit like Aston when they brought out the V8...they probably had the Porsche 993 in mind as closest competitor, yet the game had -ever so slightly- moved on...

3. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
  4. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    If it is actually built and they make it in similar or smaller numbers than the other 2 8C versions then I don't really think it has to compete with anything. A great bit of marketing harking back to the good ol' days of Alfa in motorpsort. Hope it's more of a stripped out 8C along the lines of the 430 scuderia like the proper GTAs.

5. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    like it
    best Alfa of last 30 years to me :)

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    That will be awesome.

7. MacGeek

MacGeek Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2007
    Torino, Italy
    That article sounds fishy to me. Apart from the obvious (and not very good) Photoshop job, it speaks about a carbon fiber body, which the 8C already has; stripped-out cabin with bucket seats, again, it's already there in the regular 8C. And why would the carbon ceramic brakes be an option, when they're already standard equipment on the 8C Spider? Doesn't add up.

8. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I would love to see it. The 8C is a well designed car.

I dont the 8C competes with anything in the marketplace. At this level enthusiasts buy ALL the cars the want...they dont have to pick between models. The 8C is a very special car and people that buy them are a special breed.

9. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    It would be nice to see it with a loss of 200kg and a little more omph, than the 500 in the article.