Off topic - tennis | FerrariChat

Off topic - tennis

Discussion in 'F1' started by IanMac, Aug 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Well, it's quiet between races!

Who said that in the Jenson Button a legend? thread.

Murray is now number two in the world, the highest ever ranking for a British tennis player. And he's still young and can only get better.

2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Had a quick look I can't find the post however it makes classic reading I have already resurrected it once this year..;)

Murray great great tennis player, bit like Kimi in the interviews though..

Makes you proud to be err Brit...Scottish..:)

3. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

Well up in Scotland we much prefer our sportsmen to be low key, down to earth and straight talking. We like them to have a "take no bulls**t attitude" with the media. Colin McRae was exactly the same as Murray.

We all know that Kimi's media personality is nothing like what his real life personalty, the few times that he has let the real Kimi show through in the media, he has shown to have a dry and very funny sense of humor.. But the way he plays the Media game has been very clever, he is by far the least hassled top driver.

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    EXACTLY!

98% on here fail to see Kimi's humour. IMO it gets funnier with everything he does in front of the media, I can just see their frustration growing...:D

5. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    +1! :D

6. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    That tells you how bad the state of Tennis is these days.

I Yearn for the days of Borg, McEnroe, Lendl, Noah, Clerc, etc. Connors was already slipping by this time.

7. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Noah, Clerc? Now they are players who won't be remembered. ;)

Yes, Borg, McEnroe and Lendl were great players but now we have Federer, probably the best player ever, and Nadal who is up there with the best, and Murray has shown he can compete with them.