Favre - now he's playing AGAIN | FerrariChat

Favre - now he's playing AGAIN

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 8 SNAKE, Aug 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
  2. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    We will see how he does. The Vikings are a better team than the Jets.

I wondered last month after his surgery of he was stringing them along to see if it healed enough to play. By the end of July it didn't seem strong enough so he stayed retired. But if he has been throwing quite a bit for three weeks it must have improved and now he has decided to play.

Love him or hate him, the guy is an awesome competitor and still probably better than half the starters in the league.

I have a GB #4 and the Titans of New York colors in his jersey, but can't bring myself to do the purple. Never liked Minnesota.

If the Vikings are 7-1 or 6-2 halfway through the season a lot of the critics that will come out of the woodwork this week will be laying low.

BTW how cool would it be to a junior or senior and taking passes from Favre in practice?

3. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Geeeeeesh. This is what's beginning to define his career. Not the MVP award, not the Super Bowl Ring. He's the guy who couldn't make up his ****ing mind for two years and how annoying it was to hear SportsCenter talk about on the same level that E! News talks about Michael Jackson's death...

4. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'd be more concerned about the second half of the season with Favre.

I actually like Favre as a player, but am growing tired of his seemingly endless retirement drama. Now that he's back, I look forward to putting this story aside and watching him play again. If Brett stays healthy and plays well, Minnesota is a legitimate Super Bowl contender. I wouldn't even mind seeing the Vikings make it all the way to the big game, as long as Brady and company wax them in the end. :)

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    :( Commie

6. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Fav-re Go Away!

I was so damn happy Sage was going to finally get some starting QB time.

7. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    the guy just doesn't know when to give up, but since he's decided to play again, i wish him the best of luck. the vikings have a legitimate shot at the championship with him at the helm.

8. Osiris_x11

Osiris_x11 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    With A.P. & some decent/consistent defensive play, Favre just has to navigate the ship & his abilities/talents should be enough for the Vikes' to be more than just competitive any given Sunday.

However, does good ol' Brett have the discipline & mind-set to just let things be (ala' John Elway being along for the ride w/ Shanahan & Terrell Davis during the Broncos' mid '90s successful Super Bowl runs)? I don't think he does. At this point in his career, decisions/instructions by head-coaches & offensive-coordinators are likely going to mean next-to-nothing to him. Which means a gun-slinger approach will ensue in the NFC Nor(ris)th where ball-control is the first & foremost key from late October, into January. . .

9. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Hey Brett, when's training camp? :rolleyes:

See you next Tuesday!

10. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Shows the weakness in the Vikings organization. He was done, they were done, but as soon as he wasn't done they bent over and took him back.

I think Rosenfels at this point is probably better than Benedict Farve.

11. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    minnesota comes here on october 11th, and even though we'll probably get our butts handed to us (like we will on probably 11 out of 16 sundays) it'll still be fun to see one of the best ever come to town. let's just see how much he's got left in the tank, but we've probably got another 5 years of retirements and unretirements coming from favre.

think about this, michael jordan retired and unretired a couple of times during his career, and after his stint with the wizards, i think he realized he was done, and didn't catch too much flack for it, however, unlike favre, during his career, jordan was the epitome of the nba, during the latter end of brett's career we've had the manning brothers and tom brady become crowned as the kings of the nfl, so it'll be interesting to see how much brett's reputation is tarnished by this, but he is still a sure fire first ballot hall of famer regardless of how he plays/how many times he unretires.