Yes, it's another pricing thread (sorry) !! | FerrariChat

Yes, it's another pricing thread (sorry) !!

Discussion in '360/430' started by CSISNEXT, Aug 20, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CSISNEXT

CSISNEXT Karting

Dec 19, 2007
    I have been semi-patiently watching the market for F430 Spider's, scouring the web, and visiting a couple dealers to look at specific cars. My observation is that the price level for an 05-06 with between 5k and 10k miles is now at $165k. 07's seem to be still commanding 10-15k more (mileage dependent).
    Two quick questions:
    1) what do you guys think regarding pricing levels over next 1 year for F430 Spiders?
    2) Does anyone know this specific car?:
    ZFFEW59A160149038
    http://select-luxury.ebizautos.com/webdetail.aspx?iid=4042816

Thanks in advance!!

2. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Lesson I learned in the market that I apply to other things "Bears make money, Bulls make money, Pigs get slaughtered".

Its like trying to call the "bottom" of the market. A very hard thing to do.If you think the car is good and you can afford it then go buy it.

That said, I would guess that when the 458 come out the price may drop but by how much is anyones guess. I wouldnt expect prices to drop more due to the economy.

3. joba

joba Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2009
    NY
    Funny I have been eyeing that same car.

4. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Prices will go down, probably for the next 10-15 years, probably not as rapidly as they have recently.

These are depreciating, late model cars, and would continue to settle even without the pending 458 launch.

If you can handle that, then buy the car. If you want something that will hold value, buy an F40, 250 GTL, Daytona, etc. Those are eternal classics. Most of the newer stuff is ultimately a used car, so buy it to enjoy.

5. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Not that hard...

05-06 430 spiders will be cheaper next year... and cheaper still the year after that... and the year after that...

6. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    By googling the vin I was able to see the carfax, it has been for sale since december, was at $153k if you look through google

lease return, 1 owner

it is a buyers market.

7. drew138

drew138 Karting

Jul 31, 2006
    Small chance the 430 market strengthens or stabilizes if 458 is over 300k MSRP.