The Best Politician Running this Year! | FerrariChat

The Best Politician Running this Year!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Tspringer, Feb 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Actually, the word "politician" is a poor choice for this guy. In my book, he qualifies as a statesman.

Herman Cain, Republican candidate for the Georgia US Senate seat being vacated by Democrat Zell Miller who is retiring. Zell is endorsing Cain. Yup.... the retiring Democrat is endorsing a Republican as his replacement!

http://www.cainforussenate.org/home.asp

Here is the main bit on this guy:

The current income tax code must be replaced with a national sales tax.

The Social Security system must be restructured with gradual, optional personal retirement accounts put into place.

Less government control of health care; it must be affordable and accessible for everyone.

Our great Nation was built upon the dreams and determination of the American people. Unfortunately, many in America have lost sight of their dreams as their faith in our government has disappeared. In times like these, the American people need leaders who will return common sense to our country and restore hope to the people.

As an entrepreneur for more than 30 years, I have spent my life tackling obstacles and creating opportunities. As your United States senator, I will apply that same tireless approach to restoring integrity to a system that has long stopped serving its people.

This campaign is built on big ideas. It sounds cliché but we must dare to dream, and believe that we can make big changes in government. This starts with more than a spokesperson or a professional politician. It takes a leader.

I believe Georgians deserve the freedom to succeed without the heavy hand of government blocking them from fulfilling their potential. They deserve a government that solves problems and encourages entrepreneurship.

I believe that a government should create economic opportunities by fostering a vibrant economy. Freed from cumbersome and ineffective government programs, the American people can choose their own road to success and the entire nation will prosper.

I believe there are times when government works and at those times, it must act quickly, boldly and efficiently. However, as a conservative Republican, I will go to Washington and fight against the ever-advancing tide of big government liberalism that strangles our nation’s economy.

I believe the income tax code must be replaced. Not fixed – replaced. The entire seven million-word mess must be thrown out and replaced with simple and dramatically lower tax rates that will ultimately unleash our nation’s economic potential. People should not be penalized for working hard to get ahead and to give their children a better start in life. As a nation, we will never be able to tax our way into prosperity. People say this can’t be done. I say it must.

I believe Social Security can be saved…but not without a dramatic restructuring. Optional retirement accounts need to be put in place gradually, in order to keep the promises made to our parents and grandparents without punishing today’s worker. The hard working people of our country should have the option of controlling their future by investing their hard-earned money in the manner that best suits their needs.

I believe this nation’s health care industry is under siege by both government interference and frivolous lawsuits. With those barriers removed, every Georgian can have access to affordable, quality health care.

I believe life is sacred. From conception to the grave, this Nation must continue to have a genuine respect for the sanctity of life.

I believe passion is the foundation to success. That is why I have faced every endeavor in my life with passion. Passion was behind our Founding Fathers’ ideals of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And just as these ideals are the foundation of our Nation’s greatness, they are also the foundation of our Nation’s future.

I believe “The opportunity to pursue happiness is based upon each individual’s desire to apply heart, mind and back.” If we believe something in our hearts with the skill and the will to achieve it, it can be done. As your United States Senator, I will be a voice for all Georgians in the fight for freedom and prosperity.

I am more prepared than ever to help protect life, restore lost liberties and encourage the pursuit of happiness, so that all Georgians will be free to achieve their dreams.

I have sent this guy $50. I am trying to get at least 10 others to do the same, and have gotten 4 on board already. Cain has raised over $1.5 million in this grass roots effort so far. He is not likely to get the support from the RNC. Johnny Isakson, a long time establishment Republican politicians is also running and will likely get the traditional rebublican backing (the current RNC leadership certainly doesnt want any of the conservative stuff that Cain stands for!). Cain needs the assistance of regular people.

If you live in GA.... check him out. Tell your friends. Send him $50 on the website and VOTE for him in Nov.

Fang

2. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Sounds like a young Pat Swindell!!! Remember him?