What number are you on the list? | FerrariChat

What number are you on the list?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by photonut, Aug 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    I am number 20. My name was put on the list 4 days after the 458 was announced.

2. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    What list? There is no official FNA waiting list yet.

3. adam76

adam76 Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Adam
    i know there are about 10 coupe orders in front of mine at my dealer.

4. vvvmd

vvvmd F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2003
    close to the Hub
    Full Name:
    Victor Villarreal
    My dealer told me that they are not taking deposits. They apparantly are going to allocate to customers that have had a relationship with them.

5. Bluehinder

Bluehinder Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2005
    Colorado
    Who knows. I only know I'm "on the list".

6. Back Marker

Back Marker Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2006
    South
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Honest dealer. Seriously.

side note -- I love "list" threads. A new customer being told they are 'x' on a list probably doesn't mean much. If some big name celeb, or good past customer comes in looking for a car after them, do you really think they will be behind the new customer?

There are probably two lists - the real one, and the other they tell newbies.

The true indicator of knowing where one is on the list is being called by the dealer and asked to come down and spec the car within the next week as the order is being placed.

7. Bluehinder

Aug 9, 2005
    Colorado
    +1

8. ferrariluk

ferrariluk Formula Junior

Apr 5, 2006
    Well said, this is Ferrari.

9. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    One nice thing about buying a vintage Ferrari: there's no list. You just have to be fortunate enough to find a good car at the right price! Fred

10. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    LOL!!!

True!, BUT being on a REAL list for a 458 is even nicer!

; )

11. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Aside from the self-satisfaction of getting on any list, I reckon that more than 60% of those 'listed' drop out eventually for financial reasons, changing circumstances, or just because they're paper mache characters. In other words, lists don't matter much.

12. smooth

smooth Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2005
    "The List" = muuwah-hah-haaaaaaaaaaa. What a farce.

13. adam76

adam76 Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Adam
    i was told that if someone delays their specs, they take the next in line...so as you are saying, the lists arent telling much, but it is a way to somewhat gauge on when you may see your car.

14. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    There are no orders yet for the 458. There are no MSRP's, no specs, no Vin # allocation, etc. Anyone on any list is merely on a dealer "interest list".

The dealers will start getting info on the car next month. They should get an idea about allocation, MSRP's, etc.

At that point they will go back to their internal lists and start asking for deposits. But even then you will not be filling out an order form. That will come down the road.

Any and all "lists" are just so much "hoopla" and have absolutely nothing to do with how likely you are to be able to order one.

And yes, I have my name on "a list" at my dealer-but at least they tell me it only means that they will keep me in the info loop not that it means i have a lock on a car.

Nobody, but nobody has a lock on a 458 Italia at this moment in time.

15. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    Agree to the above - my dealer told me I am on his "interested" list. Thats about it. No promises at all.

16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Years ago the Ferrari factory maintained a list of about 300 owners who had a standing order with them for each new Ferrari model, as it was introduced.
    CH

17. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    In my mind, I'm always #1.

-Peter Oh

18. Bluehinder

Aug 9, 2005
    Colorado
    LOL! That's great.

19. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    left $5k 4 years ago, am 3rd on the list in my small part of the world.

20. hextronik

hextronik Rookie

Jul 2, 2009
    Hi..
    Long time reader first time poster.

I live in Hong Kong, and there is a very concrete list here. In fact, I have seen that i'm about 100th* on the list after paying my $300,000HKD deposit.

Lists and their integrity are relivative to each dealer.
    If you want to get on a real list, come to Hong Kong, it's a mile long and the end result takes 1yr longer and cost 70% more tax than most other countries.

Oh, the joy!

*97th to be exact.

21. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    You are right om - I have found over the years that the list BS is just that, BS. They wave their hands in the air and say you are so important to us, you are on the list - you never see a list though

22. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    What I find funny about all this list mania is that the "lists" are never made public so how do you know where you are onthe list or that you , being 8th or 15th or whatever means you will get the 8th or 15th car?

How do you know that other people below you are not getting cars before you, that someone not on the "list" can't or won't get a car before you?

The lists are pure make believe-designed to make would be buyers feel important and get hooked. It is even better if the dealer get you to cough up money!

You know how to tell when you are on the official sales order list? When you buy the car!

23. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    Totally agree.

24. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    when i left a deposit, the number 3 was placed on the order form. i know the service guys well, and will be told when the first cars start coming in. very hard to slip 6 cars out without everyone knowing about it.

25. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    I am number one on my list.