what size are door speakers on a 348 ?? | FerrariChat

what size are door speakers on a 348 ??

Discussion in '348/355' started by captglen, Aug 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    I want to change the speakers on my 348 Spider but before I take it apart I want to look
    for the new speakers first. What size are the speakers in the doors ?
    Can I replace the tweeters in the dash easily ??and if so what size are they
    Thanks

2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    The original door speakers from my 348 are marked "Made in Italy by Autosonik". The housing is 6 1/2" in diameter, the depth is 2 1/2". The rating is "potenza max 60W, potenza rms 30W, impedenza 4 ohm". My originals had the rubber disintegrate, so they were sitting in a box in my garage.

The tweeters are easy to remove, behind the vents. They twist into brackets, no screws. Again, it's an Autosonik. Approx 1 3/4" in diameter. I don't know if these are common in the industry, I haven't seen ones like them before.

3. tcannon

tcannon Formula 3

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    #3 tcannon, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
    So you found a 348? I did not see you post about it. I have been following along on your search for one. I am glad that you are now a member of the 348 Brotherhood! ;)

I cannot help you much on your speaker question because on my 348 TS, someone had already mounted 6-1/2" speakers on the outside of the door panel. In order for them to fit, they slid part of the speaker up under the leather trim. It does not look that bad but I would have done it differently if I was doing it. Someone had also updated the tweeters in the dash with newer model units. They were "made" to fit in the original locations. They work so no problem. :)

4. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    +1 welcome to the Hood, as far as the speakers are involved 6.5 is the size but larger can be installed by professional in the door there is tonnes of room.

5. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    Thanks Guys for the great welcome. I am really excited, car is supposed to arrive today from Minn. My car was picked up on Wed. around 5:00pm They originally said I would have it Friday. I thought that was fast, they called yesterday to say tonight, I have a prior engagement in Atlantic City and said it has to be early. It poured all night here and my wife left already. I am excited and was thinking should I blow off the trip to AC and tell the wife I'll see her on Sunday ?? Decisions...Decisions...
    Anyway weather here is not good so I am thinking maybe by 1:00 PM
    I will hear something. he may no show until tonight.

On the speakers, I have the Focal 165KF's so 6 1/2 " bass is perfect, tweeters should fit where original's go and I have a Kicker Amp being installed, I bought a Viper 5701 ( am not connecting the auto start feature)
    Doing Remote door locks- Alarm and pager and temp
    Any idea's on where this blue arming light should be placed ??
    I think I want to keep the 6 1/2" speakers hidden like the originals but I hear there is carpet that hinders the sound. Any truth to this and what are your opinions.
    Thanks again to all,
    Captglen

6. alanmawong

alanmawong Rookie

Nov 11, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    A lot of this is covered in this existing thread

<<http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252767&page=2>>

Look around post #21 or so for some pictures of my door speaker install. It shows my doors after I removed the carpet.

-Alan