CS Price check | Page 11 | FerrariChat

CS Price check

Discussion in '360/430' started by riverflyer, May 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    +1 "relative" is the key term here. Avg CS for sale right now has ~10k miles so yours with nearly double that mileage is considered high "relative" to the other Strads on the market. Generally speaking, your CS is not high mileage for the year.

2. acon

acon Karting

Nov 3, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    Anthony Cacciola
    NO

CEL light still on, They are trying to sell the car this wa!!y

3. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    LOL! Good luck with that.

4. spg993tt

spg993tt Karting

Sep 10, 2006
    la la land
    Full Name:
    el guapo
    just curious....is there a story behind the yellow CS you mention below? i ask because ive been a cS love for quite sometimes and never heard the infamour low mile yellow story!? sounds juicy.

what gives??

5. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Same here......I haven't heard any stories with that car. What is your information and source?

6. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    #256 Baasha, Aug 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009
    My TdF Stradale has been for sale @ SVAG for a couple of months now.

I have had a couple of "interested parties" but no bites yet!

The weird thing is, I have been completely forthright about my car and it has so many unique options yet people are quite apprehensive in the Ferrari market.

It has 22,400 miles.

I am sure people have "heard" (of) my CS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkcfuCFv2TA

**I can't upload any more pics of my car due to the 'quota limit'.**

7. F458

F458 Karting

Aug 1, 2009
    Malibu, CA
    #257 F458, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009
    I would put the original wheels back on and drop the price $5k (and sell those beautiful HREs separately); you'll probably get more than some nibbles then.

8. marcello2

marcello2 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 6, 2007
    HK
    Full Name:
    marcello pipes
    #258 marcello2, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Plus 1- Lot people out of work in the valley.Lower the price you might get some action.

My 2 cents Good luck on a nice car

Wait till this comes out 360,430 will take a big hit re- yesterdays news old body stile
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Normally, a new body style does hurt the car, but remember that a 360 is already the "old" body style to the 430... The CS was such a limited production car that got everything "right" and as such should not have too much more devaluation IMHO....

Accordingly, I do not think that the 458 will have much impact on the CS's value. On 430's and Scuds maybe, on the 360 probably, but on the CS? Not much.

10. marcello2

marcello2 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 6, 2007
    HK
    Full Name:
    marcello pipes

360 to 430 was a redesign.458 whole new car raised the bar so high to make 360, 430
    outdated.cs I agree if they have under 1o,ooo miles and not beat up.soft market right now on luxury goods.My 2 cents

11. F458

F458 Karting

Aug 1, 2009
    Malibu, CA
    The reason the CS will come down even if it's not a direct hit from the 458 is:

the 458 introduction will without a doubt hit the 430 and Scud prices and,

hence, indirectly hit the CS prices since there needs to be a certain buffer between 430s and 360s (at least for the next 5 years).

12. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    stradaledriver I don't think anyone has stated your car has too many miles. I agree with all that say it's a High Mileage Stradale. That's all. So the market in CS's will reflect onto the price of your car. Like it or not. 20k miles will put it in the bottom 1/3rd of pricing. Reality is simple the CS's on the market that are selling are selling from 125k to 150k. With the rare example going above 170k (1 with 1400 miles on it). Every other Stradale on the market isn't truly on the market until they lower their prices to sell.

In driving these cars before I bought mine I drove a 20k mile car and it was awesome. I truly think the higher mileage cars drive better then the low mileage cars. This doesn't matter in the end.

If you truly want to sell that car it needs to be listed for 140k and be prepared to take south of it. If you don't want to sell the car put it back in your garage and drive the crap out of it.

The market will remain soft on these for a while so I say put it back in your garage and list it again in 2 years with 40k miles. I think All Ferrari's ( except the cream GTO's and older stuff) will have a lot of drivers re-thinking the park it and keep the mileage low and we will see in the next 5 years 360's and 430's with 50k plus miles on them all over the place.

13. stradaledriver

Sep 3, 2007
    Presumably everyone here is a Ferrari owner right? I appreciate all of you telling me your opinions and I have come to the conclusion that I owe everyone an apology for trying to pull the wool over your eyes by listing my high mileage, limited production Ferrari for sale at $159,995.00. It is obvious to me now that the car is junk and I need to seriously pawn off that old jalopy for half price. I accept full responsibility for buying one of a 375 car production run (one car per million US residents) and then having a 3 year long brain fart and actually driving the car putting an absurd amount of miles on it. What the hell was I thinking? I further apologize to the fine folks at Ferrari for disrespecting them by not actually realizing how fragile their race car is and even though I took great car of the car and never tracked or raced it I feel as though I have abused it.

I have placed a new ad on Autotrader and reduced the price to $149,000.00 (cant find a way to modify my FerrariAd) in hopes of finding a blithering idiot with some cash out there who would be stupid enough to buy my beater. Also, in the sprirt of competition and to generate some interest in my totally stock and never modified CS I have decided to install some illegal headers and remove the precat so the "Check Engine" lamp will illiminate. By violating federal law maybe my car will get the "bad boy" image everyone likes and I can finally rid myself of that old clunker.

Does anyone know how many black Stradale's were produced for the US market?

14. balenciaga

balenciaga Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2008
    NYC
    Full Name:
    derek
    #264 balenciaga, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2009
    wow I dont even know where to start. Everyone on here was trying to help you understand the value of your car. I Dont give a if you list it for 400,000 and post everywhere that it is worth a million. I am not buying or selling a stradale so I have no vested interest landing on one side of the argument or the other. But I love how you feel you can talk your way around your own delusion. Even if you say your car is worth 150,000, 150,000 times is not going to get it any closer to 150,000.

I Can tell you one thing. If your car was truly worth 150,000 you would not own it anymore because someone would have bought it.

15. stradaledriver

Sep 3, 2007
    I dont need anyones help with anything and never have. Correct me if I am wrong but I do believe you said before you looked at my car but the price was too high so you bought a different one. Mind me asking what you paid for your CS and what the mileage was? Anyone else out there who recently purchased a Stradale care to tell me price and mileage? You keep telling me my price is too high lets see some proof...let see what people are buying them for not what they are asking for them. Anyone?

16. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  17. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    #267 Bill S, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have a very clean Rosso Corsa CS with 8K miles with factory stripe. I have two standing offers for $180K+, but I am not selling.

Someone who really wants a really clean CS will pay $180K+. I know I would. There's no better car for that price, and the CS will always have its cult following.

18. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Lol, when I grow up, I want to be Bill S!!

19. balenciaga

balenciaga Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2008
    NYC
    Full Name:
    derek
    how about auto gallery around same miles red no stripe 125 130 just sold i think this week to an fchater. and that car was on the lot for at least 2 months.

20. stradaledriver

Sep 3, 2007
    Bill makes my point for me...I know my car and no one has the right to tell me what I can or cant ask for my car. My car is a limited production, very clean and well maintained/fully serviced Stradale w/ no abuse or track time and I feel it is worth at least $150000. I could care less what the market is or what other people are selling their car for. I dont pay for my car nor do I need to sell it. I am not complaining about it not being sold. My issue is with the implication that goes along with the term "high mileage". It implies that the car is near the end of its life and this "excuse" is the main reason people are making insulting lowball offers like $98,000.00 or $119,000.00 for a limited production and even rarer color late model CS. I will hold out until I find someone like me who understands what the car is and is willing to pay a fair price for an untouched, unmodified and very clean CS.

The red CS you refer to is still for sale and a car that cheap makes me wonder why the price is so low...lots of track time? accident? FYI I found 15 CS for sale between Autotrader and DuPont registry...average mileage 11,720 (hi 24,456 and low 5371) and average asking price of $161,117.00 (hi $179,888 for 12,380 car and $129,960.00 for 24,456 car). I think my listing for $159,995.00 negotiable is a fair price for a clean well maintained car. The mileage should be irrelevent and I do not consider 19000 miles on a late model Ferrari to be "high". Just my opinion.

21. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    That was my car if you're talking about the one with 24k miles. Car just had the full major service in May. I believe you're correct about the price at around $130k.

22. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Having seen the realities of this car market on a recent sale of my Scud, I can tell you I understand how you feel but rational thought doesn't cut the bacon in this market. As for your "argument on high mileage versus not, can I impart some logic? In the car market, 20,000 miles isnt "high". With a Ferrari, you are not in the car market. You are in an elite marketplace where those parameters don't exist. Take your last post, where you quoted the current CS marketplace from a mileage perspective as "hi 24,456 and low 5371." Thus, your CS fits in the high mileage spectrum.

Not easy to stomach. Trust me when I tell you I have taken major hits on Ferrari sales. I don't take it personally. These are luxury items and not to be considered anything more than that!

One more reality about your car. While it appears in excellent shape, buyers of these cars prefer a dealer sale. Moving away from that preference, the private sale transaction always reduces the sale price. Just reality based on my lessons learned.

23. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    You're funny! Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound any other way other that some people don't mind paying a bit more (20-30% over average) for really clean and rare stuff that they plan to keep.

24. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    a client has a 04 stradale with 1835 km's/roughly 1100 miles red/black with stripe that could be bought for $185,000 u.s...THIS IS A CAR WORTH TOP DOLLAR....

25. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    Anybody know the Stradale up at Ferrari Silicon Valley ??