1970 Geneva Auto Show | FerrariChat

1970 Geneva Auto Show

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Crawler, Aug 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    #1 Crawler, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was going through a box of old slides and came across a series from the '70 Geneva show, which I attended with my father. I think that these are the only two from the Ferrari stand, but there a quite a few other interesting shots.

It's likely that these L-Series cars were the first Dinos that I had ever seen, certainly up close.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    Thank you for sharing them. The 512s is the Scuderia Filipinetti car. If the others are Italian car photos, maybe you could post them in the "Other Italian Cars" section. Thank you again.

3. fazzaz 512

fazzaz 512 Rookie

Feb 16, 2004
    Spain and Germany
    Full Name:
    Manfred Lampe
    Thank you! A good photo of the 512 S. The Berlinetta is N°1016. Sold to SAVAF / Filipinetti on March 3rd, 1970.

4. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    #4 Crawler, Aug 22, 2009
  5. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    #5 Crawler, Aug 22, 2009
    Pininfarina Modulo, based on the Ferrari 512 S. It was first shown in Geneva, and reappeared at Turin in October in modified form (with a predominantly silver color scheme).

6. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    Beautifull photos! Thank you again.

7. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    Thank you Giotto. I am very glad that you enjoyed these. I distinctly remember taking these photos, and even the fact that this was my first experiment with Ektachrome tungsten film. (I had been given my first 35mm camera the previous Christmas.)

I have just posted some non-Ferrari photos from the same series in the "Other Italians" section.

Dan

8. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    nice photos. i remember that building. too young to go to that year's show though.

9. Sire Bruno de Losckley

Aug 1, 2006
    le dimanche après midi, jour des 12 h de Sebring, il y avait un magnum de Champagne sur le pavillon de la 512 S.
    dommage je n'avait pas d'appareil photo.
    milles merci pour ces photos que je n'ai jamais vu. elles sont à toi Dinodan

Giotto stp peux tu traduire. d'avance merci.

10. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    TRADUCTION: There was a Champagne magnum on the 512s, the Sunday after the Sebring race that Ferrari won. I was there, but didn't had any camera. Thank you for your photos, Dinodan.

11. don

don Karting

Jan 7, 2004
    Dunedin Florida USA
    Full Name:
    Don Nelson
    I was there too, having gone with my Dad every year since 1949. Intersting to see the Filipinetti 512S. I tried to buy a Filipinetti 512S to go with my Filipinetti GTO and 275LM, but it turned out that the car was the spare parts car, and what was left of it sat in an orchard in Switzerland.
    Whilst my Dad was in conference with his old friends from GM Suisse, he arranged for me to be taken for a "demo" in different cars up the closed mountain course.
    I was always out in the latest Ferrari, driven sometimes by Mike Parkes (who we knew), Andree Simon, or others. Norman Dewis took me out in the First E Type Jaguar, Eric Carlson in the Saab 750 Sport etc. Great times.
    Don

12. stevenwk

stevenwk F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Great photos. Thank you.