The neck of an unmotivated slacker *SPOILERS* | FerrariChat

The neck of an unmotivated slacker *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'F1' started by aquapuss, Aug 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aquapuss

aquapuss Formula 3

Sep 18, 2005
    #1 aquapuss, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Sorry, i gotta ask...... WTF?!?!

3. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    he needs a haircut

4. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Maybe his head shrunk...

5. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    ...and a slightly smaller cap, and a dab of Clearasil. What do you suppose he carries around in his backpack? He's wearing it in every picture.

6. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    Klondike Bars and Everclear

7. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    No idea what the point of this thread is, but at least the title is factual.

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    why?
    Again, why?

I remember jaques villeneuve getting slain by both the press and investors for wearing baggy trousers etc.

Why? The guy's job is to drive quickly, not look like a model citizen.

9. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    In the immortal words of David St. Hubbins "It's a fine line between clever and stupid."

A cardboard cap that swallows half your head looks stupid. I noticed you didn't object to the Clearasil.

10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    To some a large cap looks stupid but to others its some sort of fashion. Skaters, snowboarders, anything red bull sponsored and some race drivers wear large caps. To people who aren't with the times it may look stupid.

I didn't object to the clearasil since he can't help it. Besides, he has 1 spot. Boo-f'ng-hoo.

11. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I'd say his job is to act in the best interests of the team. This primarily means to do well in races. But it also means to represent the team well to the public (which is why almost all sports guys have "morality" clauses).

So if he walks around looking like a dope, then it does matter, even if it shouldn't. I'd say the better a driver one is, the more leeway they get. Those who are stronly hyped but do badly get the least leeway, which is probably why Kimi gets a lot of flak lately.

It's one thing to talk about his past achievements which were great, but the fact of the matter is he's gotten his ass handed to him by his teammate twice now.

12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Fair enough, but I personally disagree with a lot of ''morality'' clauses sponsors propose. If one is told to do something he normally wouldn't, its fake. The same principle with forced apologies. You can say it yet everyone knows you're just doing it to get off easily.

When Kimi got his first tattoo after winning his first race with Ferrari, Jean Todt told the press that his primary concern was to keep his team happy. If a sponsor was to complain of Kimi's tattoo's, he said he'll remove the sponsor and find another one.

13. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I like the cap. I like the guy. I just don´t like his perfomance.

14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The 'unmotivated slacker' just drove another brilliant race.

Guys, if you say something negative about kimi just come out for it that you dislike him, we can still be friends!

15. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I think this is the first time Kimi is growing his hair long. Could be preparing for the Rally Championships :D

16. Modena360-66

Modena360-66 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2007
    Perpignan, France
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    1 World champion title 2007 most victories of the season
    1 Constructor championship 2008 most fastest laps of the season
    3 podiums 2009 with a crappy car..

what a lack of performance !

I guess he has to win the championship carrying the car on his shoulders and just running around the track with his own legs ?

and then some moonwalk and break dance on the podium to show some "motivation"...

17. FerrariF1v12

FerrariF1v12 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 14, 2007
    Liberty City
    Full Name:
    Christian
    haters will say whatever...let 'em....we got another podium.

18. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    #18 DeSoto, Aug 23, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
    I admit that he has been OK in the last two races. But without Massa on track, we have nobody to compare with.

And as I´ve said, I like the guy, and that´s the reason I expect more from him.

19. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I would say he has done OK. Considering they have not to quote him 'brought along any new parts for the car'. That is one hot place to race. Wait til the new guys see Spa from the seat of an F1 car...
    CH

20. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Sure he would. 8-figure sponsors aren't exactly low-hanging fruit these days.

I agree about the forced apology issue, but if you think about a multi-national conglomerate investing 10s of millions of dollars a year in a sport where the face of it is a 20-something kid, I can see where they would want some contractual assurances that he/she isn't going to act stupidly and publicly embarrass their company. For a company like Red Bull, they're more contemporary and target the younger demographic. But some of the companies like Mercedes, BMW, RBS, ING and so on have a more traditional corporate image that is an important part of their branding.

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I can't see how one dresses is publicly embarrassing an 8 figure sponsor. It's not like he's prancing around in flip flops, a G string and a cowboy hat is it? THAT would embarrass a sponsor but just because a driver dresses like a sports man from 2009 doesn't mean its embarrassing.

And since no sponsors have complained, why are people talking about how he dresses doesn't suit their tastes? Running out of excuses to hate him because he's had 2 consecutive podiums?

22. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I was talking in more of a general sense than specifically about Kimi. I don't hate him, I just think he looks goofy in those pictures.

23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Fair enough, anyone is entitled to their own opinion:).

24. FerrariF1v12

FerrariF1v12 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 14, 2007
    Liberty City
    Full Name:
    Christian
    LMAO!!! funny!!! yet the truth!!

25. Colorado S14

Colorado S14 Rookie

May 2, 2006
    #25 Colorado S14, Aug 25, 2009