Greatest Ferrari Moments | FerrariChat

Greatest Ferrari Moments

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by plugzit, Aug 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    Mine was seeing the late David Friedman at the Malibu Concours a few years back with his new 430. A little kid and his dad were ogling the car. David looked at the kid and said "get in the driver's seat". The kid looked at his dad, who gave him the ok. The kid got in and David said "now turn the key". Then "now push that red button". Car starts. Kid going wild with joy. David says "now gently mash the throttle". You should have seen the look on the kid's face.
    In addition to witnessing the joy David brought to a kid, it reminded me of a time when I was little. My granddad took me to the railroad yard to see the trains. One of the engineers spotted us and invited me into the cab. He let me operate the controls as I sat up on his knee. Wow. I still love trains. Thanks, David.

2. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    David Friedman shared so many moments with so many people. I really feel like he set the tone for a lot of "sharing" out here. He was an absolute mensch. There are many stories about him doing that. I had witnesses so many myself......Great post Bruce.

David, we miss you!

3. MrGreenJeans

MrGreenJeans Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2005
    Bruce and Dusty,

Thank you both so much for your amazing posts. You guys really brightened my day.

It has been about three years since anyone has posted up anything about my Dad and how wonderful he was, and with my Brother getting married this weekend I just know that he is watching. He meant so much to everyone who knew him and it means so much to me knowing that he made such an impact on everyone who had the chance to spend time with him.

Thank you guys for remembering my Dad!!!

Much Love
    Justin

4. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #4 FastRed355, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
    +1
    I agree with everything said.
    I do think of Dave frequently and how he has brightened and enhanced our joy of the Ferrari community. I have several photos of him that I periodically run across in my computer, a constant reminder he is out there.
    PS: I too was given the keys to his 430 to try out before I got my own

5. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    Ok guys im havin a Twilight Zone moment.... Is this an Old thread or was it just started after i mentioned he thought 2 days ago. either way its great just curious if i helped inspire some AWESOME memories as i am reading today .... Nice keep it going

6. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Couldn't agree more with all that's been stated above. An amazing guy. I really wish there were more like him.

Yes, this is a new thread. :)

7. SquizzyTaylor

SquizzyTaylor Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 24, 2009
    Brighton Cemetery
    Full Name:
    Squizzy Taylor [Ian]
    Nearly brought a tear to my eye, what a top guy he was!

A lot of Ferrari owners are total wan/kers and out of touch with reality.

Keep ther torch burning!

Cheers

8. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    Beautiful ...Glad someone like my idea ........!Thanks blair