CS Price check | Page 12 | FerrariChat

CS Price check

Discussion in '360/430' started by riverflyer, May 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DinoGTZ

DinoGTZ Rookie

Jul 29, 2009
    California
    Is that why you are selling your car right now? You have lowered it from $54K correct? http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/1338290042.html

2. marcello2

marcello2 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 6, 2007
    HK
    Full Name:
    marcello pipes
    On a cs after 10,000 mile mark price drops $1.00 to 2 dollars per mile on a trade in or private party after 20,000 miles 3 dollars or more.Ferrari cs 30,000-40,000 under 80,000 grand those car lead a hard life its not a Honda.My 2 cents

3. marcello2

marcello2 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 6, 2007
    HK
    Full Name:
    marcello pipes
    #278 marcello2, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
    Your car is high miles. price according.Or it wont sell. next buyer is going to take a hit. when they go to sell. its no virgin. been around the horn already. the best part of her is in the past.
    Just trying to help.

4. marcello2

marcello2 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 6, 2007
    HK
    Full Name:
    marcello pipes
    #279 marcello2, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
    You think people are stupid your not fooling any one 5 post and the only time you use this handle is to post something about my car check his handle why are you hiding.this is your backstabbing handle. that says something about your credibility.Five posts come on
    unemployed lawyer

Why I lower my price soft market.You see anything selling.I will lower it till it sells its payed for I hope I answered your question.I lowered it 4 grand in a month big deal.who are you

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=265339792&dealer_id=64378779&car_year=1995&rdm=1251176428163&model=&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=FER&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=p&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=94116&advanced=&end_year=2010&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=0&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

5. marcello2

marcello2 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 6, 2007
    HK
    Full Name:
    marcello pipes
  6. balenciaga

balenciaga Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2008
    NYC
    Full Name:
    derek

modena and joe are both prev owners of stradale who have sold them recently. also i know for A FACT ! modena fans car is one of the cleanest stradales out there and is priced right to move. look its a ferrari they take hits. my 360 was 100 a year ago and now worth 80. at the end of the day this is the real market value. Just like with your stradale. its worth 130. Looks like you need to have a come to jesus moment. And I have to laugh, I cant imagine you tried to compare a m3, m6 or m whatever to a challenge stradale. this is pure crazy. this is like comparing a car show model to a real fashion model.

7. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #282 ylshih, Aug 25, 2009
    marcello, you're being candid about someone else's car, don't get too hyped up when someone else is candid about your car.

marcello has a point about your posting history, so far you've posted only to diss him. warning - multiple registrations are cause for a permaban of the second name and a temporary to permanent ban, to be determined by circumstances, on the original user name.

8. marcello2

marcello2 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 6, 2007
    HK
    Full Name:
    marcello pipes
    marcello, you're being candid about someone else's car, don't get too hyped up when someone else is candid about your car.I agree.marcello pipes

9. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

While I agree with your analysis, I want. To clarify what I said. I mentioned that I recently took a major hit on my Scud, not my CS. I owned my CS for only 6 weeks before I bought the Scud and sold it before the major crash in the market (October/November). They were still selling pretty well then but prices were dropping because the Scud was stealing alot of thunder.

10. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    I almost bought this car, had it checked out quite thoroughly. Problem is they damaged the oem headers trying to clean them after installing aftermarket set up. Fabspeed claims one thing, FofAtl another regarding the cel problem but either way, you either drive with cel on or pony up for a set of oem headers and possible cats.
    Hard sell in a market with many less storied cars available.

11. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    I can't believe people are actually saying that Stradales will sell for <$100k! That is absolutely ridiculous no matter how many miles the car has! It is a limited production (1200) car of which there are only about 350 or so in the US!

It is meant for a real enthusiast; not someone who likes gawking instead of driving!

The Stradale is a one of a kind car for its price range. There is no car, IMHO, under $300k that is comparable to the CS. The Scuderia is a great car inlcuding the 16M however the Stradale is in its own class.

The CGT is the only logical "upgrade" to the CS.

Therefore, people who say a Stradale is worth $100k are utterly clueless.

Of course dealerships will try to low-ball you but a real buyer who knows about these cars will pay the price to own one.

The cars above 20k miles, like mine, are at a reasonable price around $130-140k +/- $5k.

12. balenciaga

balenciaga Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2008
    NYC
    Full Name:
    derek
    I agree they wont hit below 100. but they will get close or near 100k. But come on Scuderia isnt in the same league as a Cs? Come on ?? Scuderia is one of the greatest cars ever made.

13. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    #288 cig1, Aug 25, 2009
    Correction, Scuderia is one of the latest cars ever made.

To a Johnny come lately, I can understand the naive under-appreciation for the CS. It's easy to love the latest and greatest, but, it takes a mature and aquired taste to truly appreciate the staying power of a modern day classic.

One day in the not so distant future, while the Johnny-come-latelys are waiting for the CS to hit $100k, real buyers and collectors will re-enter the market and start picking off available cars. Once that starts, it will absolutly be a dream car for many who once had a chance, but passed it by because they figured they would lose $10k-$20k

Unless I became desperate for some reason or another, my RS w/ Black leather n/s car with 9k+ miles would never be sold for less than $150k-$160k +/-$5k

G

14. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #289 dmark1, Aug 25, 2009
    Dream on! The cars are at their lowest NOW. Better purchase before the market turns because they will be 200k again some day.... for a driver. The Scud is a great car
    but is nothing like as pretty as the CS and will one day sell for less than a CS.. (10 - 15 years out)

You heard it hear first.

15. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I hope you didn't take offence, bro, I just drool every time I think of your stable.

16. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    + 1

17. acon

acon Karting

Nov 3, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    Anthony Cacciola

I think Naples Motorsports has realized that they can't sell the car with a cel
    I think they pony up and fix the problem
    have you seen the car, is it clean otherwise?
    It looks really good on their website

18. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    #293 ARTNNYC, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Three weeks ago I purchased a CS with 10k miles. It is Rossa Scuderia with black leather interior. It was obtained from a fastidious private owner for 136k. I am thrilled with the purchase. The car even came with a set of HRE wheels with the original BBS's unused in boxes, carbon fiber shift levers plus the originals and a Capristo exhaust with the original exhaust as well nearly unused in a box.

THATS THE MARKET!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. brainbizz

brainbizz Karting

Oct 27, 2006
    OK
    I am amazed at all the speculation at the depreciation of the CS. What some fail to realize is a lot of us CS owners will not part with our cars. IMHO it captures the spirit of Ferrari. That said once the desirable no story strads find their stables there will only be storied cars left. When I was looking it was amazing how many had stories. This skews the market. I personally paid a premium but knew what I was getting. I did not care how much others were going for it was optioned right with a good history. I will not argue that it is the greatest but it is special and will always have a following.

20. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

While I agree with the cult following concept, you can never EVER say something will never happen when it comes to depreciation. Just ask Lehman, AIG, GM, B Sterns, etc. I have purchased many a Ferrari thinking I got the one which will stand the test of time against depreciation but it doesn't work. Own it recognizing it is a terrific gift to have the pleasure of owning one but it is always susceptible to further declines....

21. 360Grigiotitanio

360Grigiotitanio Formula Junior

May 17, 2004
    Bay Area, California
    It sounds like some believe quasi "cartel pricing" will keep prices up. This is of course is not the case. As long there are members of a cartel who are willing to break the price rule to make a sale the real price resets lower. It is the price you can buy at. The asking price doesn't come into play.

There are plenty of uncompromised CS cars one can buy as the above post shows. What a small number are willing to sell or not sell at is not really relevant if there are others who will sell at a much lower price.

I am a big fan of the CS, and if I got one I would probably just keep it forever like many. But that won't affect the price other sellers will accept.There are more than enough around to supply demand in the market.

As an owner the best attitude to take is that you do not care what the price is. You just love the car.

22. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I know of a 10k mile corsa CS with a stripe that could be had for less than 130k. Much, much less...
    It's a shame, but these cars will trade for a lot less than most owners might think.

23. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    I suspect the car you are describing has a serious story behind it. Do you know the vin#?

24. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    You can't assume that they will continue to drop either. That approach is as prone to error as assuming that they will only go up. Two interesting examples:

BMW Z8 - about 2 years ago they were dipping to around $80K asking. Now the asking prices are about $100K. There is also far fewer cars offered for sale than a year ago.

BMW Z4M - a year or two ago the dealers were blowing them out for around $38K. The prices then jumped up to around $40K. Not the prettiest car on the block and prices are down, up a little, then down again. Kind of depends on when you look.

Point is that absorption of the supply isn't too far fetched so the car could see a pop or at least flatline. Then again, who really knows so drive the car and have fun.

25. F458

F458 Karting

Aug 1, 2009
    Malibu, CA
    #300 F458, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Anyone know the story with it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-Ferrari-Challenge-Stradale_W0QQitemZ170375533873QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item27ab2c5531&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Any problems?

Has had a lot of cool mods, but is that even a good idea with such a naturally highly "modified 360"?

Edit: The deets:
    2004 Ferrari Challenge Stradale finished in Nero Daytona Metallic Black over Red & Black Alcantera Interior. Just 12,380 miles since new, this CS has it all! Full factory options including HiFi/Navigation, MC Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel ($3500.00 and not pictured), Fire Extinguisher, & Alcantera Headliner. Serviced twice a year by the same mechanic/Authorized Ferrari dealer since new, 5k, 15k, AND 30k services complete, Brand New Clutch, all recalls and service campaigns complete. Professionally detailed once a month. Additional modifications: Tubi Headers, Tubi Straight pipes, Capristo Level 3 Race Exhaust, Gruppe-M Carbon Fiber air intake system, Powder Coated Challenge Wheels, Full 3M Protection, Tinted Windows and Carbon Fiber Door Sills.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login