Tail of the Dragon Meet | FerrariChat

Tail of the Dragon Meet

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Ricambi America, Feb 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Interested in a Tail of the Dragon meet?

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

I'd gladly make the commute to the mountains for that ride. Although Mrs. Jack Russell Racing would never ride alondside, I'd have no problem enticing her to stay at the new Biltmore property or Richmond Hill Inn (while I'm driving). For those who have run the course, is there an "ideal" time to go? I really don't want to tangle with a 2-wheeler.

Perhaps our new local FCA chairperson can muster support?

-Daniel

2. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    I've never ran it, but I'll ask some of my motorcycle buddies about a good time to go. I've heard that the motorcycle guys will pass cars (or other motorcycles) even in the corners!
    Daniel I'm sure your wife would love to go to the new inn on the estate. We had our wedding reception their and it is very nice. Plus that is sure to be the safest place around to "store" your ferrari. Well hang on my garage is a good place as well hahahahaha =)

3. borkap

borkap Rookie

Jan 6, 2004
    Greensboro NC
    You know I'm in.

4. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Virtually the whole 11 miles were repaved last year. Its really fast and smooth. Most of the law enforcement is fron the Tenn side (most of the road is in Tenn). I got tagged by a helicopter 2 years ago on a Ducati 916. Actually that was a NC helicopter. I only go up there during weekdays, as the week ends are too crowded. Its a tough road even for a tiny car like a miata. The sport bikes are so fast through the tight stuff they make virtually any car a rolling road block. I've been stuck behind 911s etc that seem to have their feelings hurt that they are holding up a scoot.

5. borkap

borkap Rookie

Jan 6, 2004
    Greensboro NC
    Anyone want to set a date for this?

I'm thinking sooner than later. If we go while its still cool there wont be as many people namley bikes.

I also like April 16th-18th or May 14th-16th if you prefer to wait for the warmer weather.

6. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford

The sooner the better! It is supposed to warm up to mid 50's this weekend so by april it will be easily 60's which is comfortable and helps keep your car cool. Ok here is a list of people i can think of who might be interested.

Daniel(black 348) what is good for you? Trevor/Rick(yellow m3), Kevin(red 355), Bob(Resnow red 348), Borkap(tweety turbo miata haha), Coachi from sc forum (550), Cilky(my benz clk-430), Mark (Audi S4), Robin (yellow volvo 850R), Ryan (Black M3), ....I don't know those BMW guys from DTM-Power maybe Rick will contact them..........anyone else???

7. borkap

borkap Rookie

Jan 6, 2004
    Greensboro NC
    Ok if I ever hear anyone call my car tweety again I'm going to hold them down and pee on them. :)

I think its more like a homer simpson yellow.

I'm thinking April will work well. I just hope there isnt a lot of rain.

8. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

#8 Ricambi America, Feb 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. borkap

borkap Rookie

Jan 6, 2004
    Greensboro NC
    I know where you live and I have a little something for you next time you are in the office.

I'm going to carve "I wish I had a miata" in the paint of the 348.

10. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    #10 L8Braker, Feb 27, 2004
    ahhhhhhhh hahahaha

Dude your car is yellow..... ok how about big bird instead of tweety haha

You know I'm just joking.

Daniel is April good with you??
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Yeah, April is probably good. Has anyone ever stayed at the Old Edwards Inn or Mountain High Inn ?

12. borkap

borkap Rookie

Jan 6, 2004
    Greensboro NC
    You all seem to be fascinated with birds how’s this for a bird. Its not yellow exactly but the nicotine stains on its fingers are pretty yellow.

http://w1.875.telia.com/~u87510733/fy/fy_m1.jpg

Jackrussell I bet your wondering how I get this pic of your dad.

:D

13. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    hahahaha

Daniel never heard of them......???? Richmond Hill, Biltmore Inn, Grove Park are the nice ones then there are tons of regular hotels. There are some bed & breakfast places too but I don't know of them.

14. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    #14 rated///M, Mar 1, 2004
  15. borkap

borkap Rookie

Jan 6, 2004
    Greensboro NC
    OK so April 16th through the 18th. Does everyone agree?

If so lets pick out a place to stay since we will need reservations. Any thoughs or comments?

Who is bringing a spouse or signifigant other?

I'm planning to bring my wife so she can entertain daniels wife while we go play. :D

16. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

I resent that comment! Mrs. Jack Russell Racing will probably be enjoying the spa at Biltmore while we're driving.

17. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford

My wife is working that weekend so I should be free and clear. Yeah April is cool with me.

On another note I did just **** up my rims here in town! Absolutely great! For some reason the local idiots decided to make a dukes of hazard jump on a main road. Trying to figure out whether to fix my rims/order new ones/or go back to 17's and say screw it.

18. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

I can't remember exactly, but are you on Brabus 19's? Why not just get some stock AMG 5-spokes? Those always look good -- especially on a CLK. My E420 ran 17" Monoblocks and it just looked "right" from the factory.

19. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Mine aren't Brabus now....I have Moda(bbs) R6's.....but oh well I'm going to buy new ones and send the bill to my local water dept who created the problem to beign with. I've alreayd filed a claim, so hopefully they will pay for them.

Yeah I was goign to buy some of the thin spoke 17" wheels the other day but they were sold before I could email the guy back. Still might be looking.

20. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Remember the guy who showed up really late at Farmington in a 9-3 Viggen ragtop? He has the Moda's on that car and *EVERY* rim is bent. In my opinion, moda=junk.

21. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    Hey guys, Southeast Meet and Greet will be on this weekend...let's try to get another date going, i'd love to do this!!

Trevor