Cleveland Cars & Coffee + Drive August 29th | FerrariChat

Cleveland Cars & Coffee + Drive August 29th

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by switchcars, Aug 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Bob can chime in more here.....but I thought I'd start a special thread for it so we all know what's up!

We're having a cars & Coffee this saturday, august 29th, same time as usual (9am), same place.

At 10:30 we'll be heading out to the east side from Quay 55 and doing a drive down through Chagrin River and metroparks area, ending up in Peninsula for lunch.

Bob is driving the route tomorrow, and he'll be confirming where we're doing lunch.

More updates to follow - hope to see you all there!

2. Willian726

Willian726 Karting

Nov 19, 2007
    Cleveland Heights
    Full Name:
    Ian
    The bridge crossing the Chagrin River on River road is closed at Wilson Mills in Gates Mills. I used to drive that way to work every single day. Just a heads up. If you need some reroute suggestions let me know.
    -Ian

3. carguy98

carguy98 Formula 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Is there still going to be a C&C on September 5th?

--Grant

4. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Yes. Still every 1st and 3rd saturday, but this one is a special one since it's the 5th Saturday :)

5. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I went that way on Saturday just to see if it was open yet. Just turn right on Wilson Mills to 91 then bang a left and go to Mayfield Rd. Then left again and right at the bottom of the hill back to River Rd. You really don't miss anything on River between Wilson and Mayfield.

I won't make it this week, we are taking the bikes to the mountains in WV to play in the hills abit.

Have fun.

Jason

6. blackforestauto

blackforestauto Karting

Jul 6, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Thanks Jason - Doug (switchcars) and I went out yesterday and drove (and tweaked) the planned route. We're going to do something a little different to avoid that bridge closing, but your suggestion is a good one.

I think we have pretty nice route planned - it's interesting and entertaining without being too intense. Lunch in Peninsula does not look like it is going to work - finalizing Plan B today, and more details will follow tomorrow. Expect about 90 miles and two and a half hours, give or take. Stay tuned - it would be appreciated if you would PM me or send a direct e-mail to me or Doug if you are planning on coming, just so we have a rough count.

Thanks...

Bob

7. aja

aja Karting

Jun 6, 2005
    pepper pike,oh
    Full Name:
    adam adelstein
    If the weather holds up i would be in. If its rain or shine let me know i will do it in the phaeton. I agree penisula is not a good idea.

8. carguy98

carguy98 Formula 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Bob,

Here's a link to the 6speed thread:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/midwest/179009-cleveland-cars-coffee.html

Do you think that there's anything I should add, take out, or change?

Thanks!

--Grant

9. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I'm guessing we'll go rain or shine....this is Cleveland!!!

10. Miro

Miro Rookie

Jun 15, 2009
    Westlake, Oh
    I'll be there!

11. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Update from Bob-

The restaurant of choice is Creekside Restaurant in Brecksville - they were much more accommodating than Peninsula.

Creekside is blocking off a section of the restaurant/bar for us and parking.
    http://www.creeksiderestaurant.com/index.php

We should be arrivng there at about 1pm for those that want to join us just for lunch.

I got the north side of the route finalized on google maps, and I sent it over to Bob to have him finish up the South part of the route. It is going to be a great drive....very few traffic lights, tons of back roads and lots of turns.

Please everyone make sure two things:
    -Gas up before you get there - there will be a gas stop en route but it'd be great if we don't have to use it!!!
    -If you have walkie-talkies/personal radios please bring them. We will be using those to communicate for those that have them.

RAIN OR SHINE!!!!

12. Miro

Miro Rookie

Jun 15, 2009
    Westlake, Oh
    Bob & Doug,

Thanks for putting all this together!

13. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Frik, it's really all Bob's work....I just played around on Google maps and tagged along for the test run.

Stopped by Chris's shop today....tried to talk him into coming....work on him Miro!!!

14. Miro

Miro Rookie

Jun 15, 2009
    Westlake, Oh
    His turbo would be a nice addition!

15. blackforestauto

blackforestauto Karting

Jul 6, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Here are links to Google maps for the drive tomorrow - because of the length, Google wouldn't allow it to be one map. Printed copies will also be available tomorrow. If you don't already have a navigator, you might recruit one - the drive will be more enjoyable if you don't have to multitask! Hoping for good weather and a good turnout...

Bob

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=114776322722780771515.0004723459ff16aa94715&z=10

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=114776322722780771515.000472348e6eaaa54067d&z=12

16. blackforestauto

blackforestauto Karting

Jul 6, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I realized late this afternoon that there was actually a gap between Part 1 and Part 2. My first attempt to correct it made things worse/more confusing. It is now correctly corrected - if you pulled that map down between about 1700 and now, it is suspect. Please retrieve the corrected version. Sorry about that!

Bob

17. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    I'll be there rain or shine. It's been a while since I've seen you boys.

Brad

18. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Its is great to see this is still ongoing. BJS, I would love to see your Maserati since I am a big fan.

19. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    Let me know the next time you're in Cleveland. You should take it out for a drive -- lots 'o fun!

20. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    Bob and Doug,

Thanks for all of your work organizing today's cruise. Good times, even if I did get lost. :)

Brad

21. carguy98

carguy98 Formula 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Anyone have any pics?

22. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
  23. aja

aja Karting

Jun 6, 2005
    pepper pike,oh
    Full Name:
    adam adelstein
    Thanks to everyone, it was a great time. Wont bring the limo next time.

24. TimCantwell

TimCantwell Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    NE Ohio, Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Tim Cantwell
    We had a good time and are looking forward to the next one.

25. Miro

Miro Rookie

Jun 15, 2009
    Westlake, Oh
    Great time! Thanks for putting it together.