Info on 1995 355 GTB in Scottsdale? | FerrariChat

Info on 1995 355 GTB in Scottsdale?

Discussion in '348/355' started by schnazzy, Aug 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle
    Anyone have any information on this this black/tan GTB? (ZFFPR41A7S0101625)

It was at Van Chevrolet (for $52k) a month ago and now it is at Scottsdale Lotus (for $50k).

http://lotus-scottsdale.ebizautos.com/detail-1995-ferrari-f355-berlinetta-4536239.html

To be specific, has anyone looked at it or know any history about the car? Maybe someone looked at this in the last year (only about 1k miles from this last owner) and PPI came back positive/negative etc. Did it go through an auction etc?

THANKS!

2. marcello2

marcello2 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 6, 2007
    HK
    Full Name:
    marcello pipes
    Seems a little over priced for a 95.Also high miles.my 2 cents.

3. marcello2

marcello2 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 6, 2007
    HK
    Full Name:
    marcello pipes
  4. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    Don't know anything about the car but this isn't "High Miles" by any stretch of the imagination and the price is cheap. That said, always have it checked out and do the PPI.

5. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Excellent service and maintenance trumps high mileage.

6. mesoscale

mesoscale Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2004
    Looks like the left rear tire could use some air and the muffler tips look misaligned. Looks like the center console could some TLC - better contact Sticky No More.

7. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle
    #7 schnazzy, Aug 31, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
    marcello2, Didn't get your PM. I'd definately like to hear what you have to say, since I believe you just sold your blk/tan gtb.

This is one of the lowest mile 355's I have seen for under $50k. There are some others with miles from 44k -86k miles. If 25k miles is high, how is someone supposed to sell a 86k mile car? just asking.

8. marcello2

marcello2 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 6, 2007
    HK
    Full Name:
    marcello pipes
    #8 marcello2, Aug 31, 2009
    Its a soft market to say the least.A car is only wort what some one is willing to pay.
    You would be better off finding one on craigslist.Make low-ball offers 1 out of five will take it ,Get a ppi and use that as lavage to lower the price.And to get a good car.
    25,000 is not high on a Honda.On a Ferrari I think it is.Main thing PPI 2th records.Always ask when the last major service was done its a 5-6k service.every 3 years
    or 30k.The car is 15 years old.Buying it is the cheap part repairs Sky's the limit.
    When I was selling my car 50% knew about Ferrari 50% knew nothing.If they knew about Ferrari's all they wanted to know were the manifolds changed the values redone when was the last major.and records.50% who know nothing only wanted to know about was price.In this market you have to take what you can get for your car,They are old cars with alot of issues.Stay off fleabag.And dealers will sell their mother to sell a car.Hard times for some people.Buyer beware.Hope this helps.Also talk is cheap people will say any thing to sell there cars.So take your time.Macello Pipes

9. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    +1 ..... There are still people out there who think miles are the primary indicator of a cars history, care and 'condition' ....... :rolleyes: .......... 25k miles is not high on a 14 year old car ..... that is less than 2k miles per year ...... if those are genuine miles ..... I dont' see how it could have been driven any less ....... when I shop for a car, I look for condition of the chassis, body and engine ...... because that is what I am paying for ....... I don't pay based on odometers ....... if the 'condition' of the car is bad ........... an odometer is not gonna tell me otherwise ........ :cool:

10. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle
    #10 schnazzy, Aug 31, 2009
    marcello2,

Would you mind PM'n me what your car sold for to give me idea of what the real market is instead of what the advertised prices are? As well as the relative condition of the car... miles, last 30k, manifolds and valves?

Also, what do you think one should sell for? Say the scottsdale one or the GTS in Telluride CO (GTS, blk/blk, 24k miles, no history except 2002 30k).

11. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    gosh....this is chummy

12. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
  13. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle
    #13 schnazzy, Aug 31, 2009
    I did see it and at least at this time I am primarily looking for black/tan or black/black, GTB, 6speed, under $50k. Not sure if I would be interested in an import. but... that car looks very nice, blue seems to be very rare and it seems the current owner is very picky (good thing) about keeping the car straight.

14. rllucero

rllucero Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2006
    Santa Fe/San Diego
    Full Name:
    richontravel
    They don't