NASCAR Montreal...What a Joke | FerrariChat

NASCAR Montreal...What a Joke

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Canut, Aug 31, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Canut

Canut Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Manuel Canut
    So after the ALMS race I found the NASCAR something, something cup race in Montreal.
    How bad can it be, I said to myself, it is a road course.
    When I started watching it was dry and ½ of the cars were already all banged up.
    Then it rained, so the race was stopped to allow the cars to fit rain tires, and all the changes necessary to race in the rain.
    Then the demolition rally started. There were ONLY 14 laps to go. It took one hour. They only completed like 3 laps under green flag!!
    I bet it takes some sills to drive a car bumper to bumper at 200 MPH on an oval, but these guys have NO SKILLS driving on road courses, and in the rain they looked like retards.
    It was painful. It was the WORST racing even I have ever seen. Yet on speedTV message boards some people call it the most entertaining race ever!!!
    I feel Idiocracy (the movie) is actually snapshot of the future.

2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    When NASCAR lets the drivers use their car as a weapon to hit each other on the pace laps there is not much hope that you will see anything better when they actually race. Too bad Marcos Ambrose was watching the mirror instead of the road ahead on the last lap. Carl can really drive to...
    CH

3. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    The "full course yellow" business was just laughable in that race. There was a piece of someone's bumper on the track, and the did at least 3 laps CRAWLING behind the pace car. Then a bunch of cars spun at the restart, and they did at least 3 more laps CRAWLING behind the pace car. It doesn't take that long to clear the track, so the officials must have been trying to bunch the field so more cars could crash into each other at the next restart.

4. wjw300tt

wjw300tt Karting

Feb 25, 2008
    chilliwack BC Canada
    Yep. That was the most laughable racing I have seen in awhile. Pace car pulls off and they get to the 2nd corner and everyone spins out again. Line up and do it all over again. I thought they were on slicks so cut them a little slack. Now you tell me they were on rain tires. Crazy.

5. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Talk about a joke of a race.

Ron got taken out by the Penske noob on his way to the front.

After Edwards' snafu in the DP on Saturday, he should have let Ambrose go.

The rain call was a complete fiasco. We don't need a red flag to switch to rains, let alone figure out a way to keep the windscreen clear. Pathetic.

Finally, NASCAR has no respect for television time whatsoever. Perhaps they need to learn to run timed races like their Grand Am brothers.

6. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Ugly,slow and yellow after yellow, but interesting nevertheless. Edwards and Ambrose made it an interesting finish, nice to see JV and Ranger top 5. Where do you ever see Nascar in the rain ? Second year in a row the novelty wipers got a workout, probably the best stock car race I'll see this year. No complaints here.;)

7. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The rest of the paragraph is redundant.

Its the friggen yellows that ruin these races. Now, on the other hand, if they ONLY and ever used corner by corner yellows, then just maybe, the races would be interesting.