300 SL | FerrariChat

300 SL

Discussion in '348/355' started by fxdwgs, Sep 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fxdwgs

fxdwgs Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Sjobo, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Bengt
    #1 fxdwgs, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Did we feel somewhat special when he parked so close to us????

Attended a small car exhibition last tuesday. Nice weather a few(7) F-cars and a a couple of thousand other veterans as well as newer cars.

This particular 300 SL was not in mint condition.........that´s for sure.

Dust all over........no wax, no polish = no finish........but (there is always a but)

it was still the most exclusive car that day....

Such a beauty, just too bad they do not keep her the way she deserves........

//B//
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #2 Bullfighter, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
    Judging by the other cars, I think you two were in the best part of the exhibition.

And yes, the 300 SL is one of the coolest cars ever made. Too expensive to drive on public roads here in California -- or at least I've never seen one on the road.

3. SLang

SLang Rookie

May 18, 2004
    There's one that's shown up a couple of times at that Cars and Coffee deal in Irvine every Saturday. Beautiful, and if I remember, it was sort of in the same condition that the OP describes the SL in this thread.....or at least very much original. Probably actually makes it worth more!

4. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Of course the owner doesn't care about the car. It's the Gullwing that's the most sought after! ;)

5. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    There's a gullwing here in-state about 30 miles from me that's generally kept at the Mercedes Museum in Vance. Red/White. They'll take it out now and again for a blast around our country roads.

If you ever get to Alabama you'll want to check out the Barber Track Museum and the Mercedes Museum. Tres coolio.