Porsche 911 Sport Classic Announced | FerrariChat

Porsche 911 Sport Classic Announced

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by jk0001, Sep 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
  2. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    :eek:

A modified Carrera S for 200K Euros!?

It looks nice but...

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yeah price is crazy and the car not that different. You can buy a nice used GT3 and a 911C4S cab for that price.

4. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    I love it.

5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Those Fuchs wheels are sharp.

But that's a lot of cash for a primer grey 911 with a dorky "Sport Classic" script on the rear deck. Hopefully you can delete the model designation. The last car with "Classic" script on it was from Chevy.

6. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You can also now order the 2010 911 Turbo, it is now running 500 hp, w/all wheel drive. :)

7. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I like it, but the price is crazy IMHO. Now, had they taken 500 pounds off the curb weight...........

8. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Where does this car fir into the 911 range? Is it supposed to be a Club Sport type model?

I agree, a track focused car ie the GT3 RS minus about 500 lbs would be awesome!

Of course, for $200k you could just buy a GT3 Cup car...

9. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    #10 fluque, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I would have preferred a speedster..

11. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Chas.....

IMHO it's just a small volume boutique special.

12. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    True, just seems a bit granule. ~25k 911s built each year across over a dozen versions...they're all small volume boutique specials!

13. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I get your point.....for the money I'd buy a GT3.

14. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #15 jk0001, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
    STUTTGART, Germany, Oct. 1, 2008 - Porsche Automobil Holding SE, Stuttgart, has again brought home record values in the business year 2007/08 (to July 31) despite the general lack of buoyancy in the economic environment. As the company announced on Wednesday, in a first review of the business year that has just ended, preliminary figures indicate that sales of the 100 percent subsidiary Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG have increased by 1.2 percent to 98,652 vehicles sales. Turnover also went up by 1.3 percent to 7.46 billion Euro.

The mainspring of Porsche’s growth course was the Cayenne series. With an increase of 34 percent to a provisional figure of 45,478 automobiles, sales of the sporting all-terrain vehicle reached a new record high. The new, emphatically sporty Cayenne GTS, which was successively launched on the global markets from February 2008 onwards, contributed to this success with 6,942 unit sales. The 911 series, with an estimated 31,423 vehicles sold, lay 16 percent below the previous year’s very high figure. In view of the model changeover of the 911 Carrera in the second half of the fiscal year 2007/08, this sales figure still represents a considerable success. The Boxster series, which also includes the Cayman, totalled 21,747 unit sales; this was 16,8 percent less than in the previous fiscal year.

Expanding in New Markets

There are regional variations in sales growth between the markets: growth rates continue consistently strong in the new markets such as China and Middle East. Thus according to the preliminary figures, Porsche was able to step up sales outside the traditional markets of Germany and North America by six percent to 52,595 vehicle sales. In North America development was very satisfactory with an expected figure of 32,533 unit sales – meaning a drop of only 3.1 percent. Porsche has long been prepared for a possible economic crisis in the USA and has made substantial reductions in its warehouse stocks there. On the German market Porsche experienced an estimated slight decrease of 5.5 percent to 13,524 vehicle sales.

Top Speed at the Leipzig Factory

Preliminary figures show that a total of 105,162 vehicles were produced – 3.3 percent more than in the previous fiscal year. The factory in Leipzig was working at the limits of its capacity. With production of the Cayenne reaching 48,497 units – an increase of 34.1 percent relative to the previous fiscal year – more automobiles rolled off the assembly line than ever before. The number of 911s manufactured in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen was 34,303, representing a reduction of twelve percent. Production of the Boxster series totalled 22,356 units (minus 16.3 percent).

More New Jobs Created

Porsche’s continuing success has also enabled new jobs to be created. Thus the number of employees in the Group has risen by 5.4 percent to a total of 12,202. New opportunities have arisen mainly in research and development, in sales, in the Leipzig factory and in the two subsidiaries Porsche Consulting and the management and IT consultancy company Mieschke Hofmann und Partner (MHP). In Leipzig, the preparations for the start of series production of the Gran Turismo Panamera are in full swing. A total of 600 new jobs will have resulted there from the production of Porsche’s fourth series.

New 911 Carrera is Popular with Customers

Porsche Automobil Holding SE in the current business year 2008/09 sees demand for the new 911 Carrera models with direct gasoline injection and the Porsche double-clutch gearbox going well as expected. On September 25, 2008, the 911 Carrera was also launched on the important US American market. As the most recent addition to the new 911 family with reduced fuel consumption, the 911 Targa models will be launched worldwide on October 25, 2008. In addition, the two new mid-engined sports cars, the Boxster S Porsche Design Edition 2 and the Cayman S Sport, have been available since September. With 303 PS (223 kW) from 3.4 liter engines, the new models have eight PS more than the S-Versions of the Boxster and Cayman. Both models are exclusively equipped.

Nevertheless, it is difficult in the present economic situation to make reliable predictions about trends in the current fiscal year as a whole. Porsche keeps a very close eye on developments in the global markets and will continue to stay true to its strategy of producing one automobile less, rather than stockpiling one. Due to its variable production, Porsche sees itself in a position to adapt its production numbers flexibly.

The company expects the next growth spurt when the Panamera is launched in the next fiscal year 2009/10. With this four-door, four-seater Gran Turismo, Porsche will not only be participating in the expansion of the market for luxury vehicles in the big future markets of China, the Indian subcontinent and Russia, but will also create a sensation in the traditional sales areas of Europe, North America and Japan.

15. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    200k Euros?

So what?

You guys just need to loosen up.

They don't call me "Euro" for nuthin.

16. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #17 ylshih, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. kosmo

kosmo Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    BIg D
    I dont get it. Those racing stripes must cost a lot.

18. wendys is good

wendys is good Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2005
    Cincinnati Ohio
    With only 250 being built and the ridicules price, i bet half of these end up in some garage where there driven about 1,000 miles in the next ten years.

19. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Its cool though. I luv it when Porsche makes cars like this. Damn thing even sounds air cooled.

20. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Or end up on ebay! Being sold for 500K :D

21. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    The price is insane. Looks OK overall, ducktail is a real throwback. I hope the stripes are optional. I'm undecided on the wheels - they're a nice touch but at the same time they're trying too hard.

Meh...

22. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    I like it, but would have rathered a GT3 engine, and really, the first gen 997 body style would work better with these mods.

23. solowmodel

solowmodel Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2009
    Seoul, London, VA
    Full Name:
    WK
    Love the tail, hate the price.

24. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Wonder what they're saying inside Zagato about that roof?