90 TR Photo needed | FerrariChat

90 TR Photo needed

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Sep 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    #1 Mr.Chairman, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
    Greetings all.. I need to check my e-brakes at the rear. I was hoping someone had a photo of what the assembly looks like after the rotor is taken off. Also, is it a pain in the ass to remove the rear calipers. Something is hanging up inside there. Just want to see what it looks like properly assembled. I need to get this to my mechanic (Dr.Ferrari) and I was hoping to drive it instead of towing it. Remember this is a 90TR 5 lug and I think the assembly is different from the knock off / earlier version that our down under brother posted on the bearing replacement thread.

Thanks in advance

Robbie

2. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden
  3. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden
    Robbie, my car is an 88.5 car with 5 studs just like yours.

4. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Every woman's dream! :D

5. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
  6. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    my mistake...

R

7. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    #7 Mr.Chairman, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
    All is good.. Put her on jacks stands today to check rear brakes and e-brake assembly. Got the rear wheels off today, removed the calipers then rotors. While she was up on the stands I noticed no fluid leaks. That was a added bonus. E-brake components intact. Area was very dirty. Lots of dust and debris. Cleaned her up and applied some freeze up on the lower mechanism then re-assembled. Noise went away. I think there was debris (small pebble type object)stuck behind there which was creating the noise I was hearing.. Took her out for a 3 hour drive and no strange hang up noise. Like to thank our friend Robert (Uzz32soarer) from down under. If it was not for those pics and detailed instructions (wheel bearing replacement post) I would have never had the confidence to check into this today.. Gotta say I love working on this car. Nothing like getting your hands dirty, doing some work to her then going out for the afternoon romping around town and on the freeways.. Drive on boys..

R

8. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden
    You are more than welcome Robbie.

Caring and Sharing, it's the reason why we are all here and love these cars.