Ferrari of Houston | FerrariChat

Ferrari of Houston

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sfa1509, Feb 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sfa1509

sfa1509 Rookie

Feb 25, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Sean Armstrong
    Has anyone bought a used car or had one serviced at Ferrari of Houston? They have 95 355 that I am looking at which has had the top end and belts. etc done.

Do they have a positive reputation in dealing with buyers?

Sean

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I bought the Challenge from Ferrari of Dallas, which is owned by Mr. Risi too. I know Mr. Risi is top notch and never heard anything bad about him. I can't speak for his management team in Houston because I've never dealt with them, except when calling me threatening legal action because of some post or another. We're over that now though I think, they got smart and took the Dallas lead on the proper way to work with FC. :)

3. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    LOL.

Despite past events, everyone at FoH was very nice and courteous while we were on their tour. I've only heard good things about purchasing from them.

Friend's father (who posts on Fchat) has bought numerous cars from them - perhaps Dr. Murphy will chime in here...

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I bought my 95 F355B at FOH in 2001, I have had several very good experiences with FOH and FOD, both in sales and in service. If someting inside my engine was in need of being fixed right, I would not hesitate to take it to FOH; for smaller things, Moorespeed in Austin can handle my normal maintanence things.

5. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    i've dealt with foh for many years. i've bought a used 355 and two 360's from them, had service done there and unequivocally recommend. tony, joe, scott, etc. have always been straightforward and honest with me.

btw, i've seen the blk/blk 355 you're talking about and it's a great looking car!

6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    FOH is a "old-line" dealership in that Ferraris and racing is a way of life for the owner, Mr. Risi. I brought my car through them, and all the work on this car has been done there.

Will you pay a premium for the car if you buy through FOH? Probably. Will they stand behind the car? In my experience, yes. Do they charge a premium for service work? My AMEX card sez, you betcha! :)

Can you find people who will bad mouth FOH? No doubt. Ferraris are an emotional purchase and most Ferrari owners then to be, ah, a little anal. Thus, it shouldn't be surprising to find that, over the years, there have been occasions where somebody has come undone. Just remember what yo mama always told you -- There's two sides to every story.

Let us know what happens, Dale

7. worth it

worth it Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2002
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    David C.
    Purchased my 348 SPider there Dec. 02 - Dealt with Joe. No major problems, just the usual long distance car buying stuff. All turned out fine and the car has been great for me.

As stated, they feel a premium is deserved due to their pedigree. All and all professional people.

8. thomasmurphy

thomasmurphy Rookie

Dec 14, 2003

9. thomasmurphy

thomasmurphy Rookie

Dec 14, 2003
    Have purchased six from F of H since '95. Have always been well treated there. Everyone seems to go out of their way to be helpful. The service, paint depts are superb.

10. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes

I too use Moorespeed in Austin for most everything and have used the body shop at FoH and thought Steve did a fantastic job.

11. sfa1509

sfa1509 Rookie

Feb 25, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Sean Armstrong
    I am currently looking for a 98 - 99 355 F1. I have been scouring the authorized dealers coast to coast, and have looked a few, but have been underwhelmed.

Someone turned me on to FChat and have to say I am stunned at the level of participation. I appreciate all the feedback.

I am going to start another thread on 355 pricing, picking up where another left off yesterday. Seems to be wide variation in the market expectations of value.

Thanks

Sean