Are there any gatherings on Sat or Sun in San Diego? | FerrariChat

Are there any gatherings on Sat or Sun in San Diego?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by PHANTOM_SD, Sep 5, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PHANTOM_SD

PHANTOM_SD Rookie

Mar 3, 2005
    What ever happened to the Carlsbad gatherings that use to take place on Saturdays?

I was trying to find out where people meet. It seems as though in Los Angeles there is always something going on, but in San Diego hardly ever, unless we drive to LA.

I would like to get together some people in San Diego and put some drives and gatherings together. I will admit that Los Angeles has some incredible mountain roads with lots of twisty turns, but San Diego has some good roads as well.

Where are all of the exotic car owners of San Diego at?

Please let me know your thoughts.

2. Cannoli

Cannoli Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Norman
    ... in Carlsbad, the last Saturday of the month, there is a get together at the Carlsbad Premium Stores (Company Stores) that starts at 7:00 AM and goes for an hour or two.

Do a search on this forum for more info.

If you are truly an automotive enthusiast, there is the weekly (Saturday) Cars and Coffee (7:00 AM) in Irvine at the Ford West Coast HQ ... do a search for more info. This is were the Big Dogs meet - centrally located in SoCal.

3. PHANTOM_SD

PHANTOM_SD Rookie

Mar 3, 2005
    Thank you for the reply. I have yet to go see the Irvine cars and coffee.

We use to go to the Crystal Cove only thing is we had to get up at 4:00 am to be there by 6:00 am to line up.

I did read the thread on the Irvine cars and coffee it seems to have mix reviews but it sounds like fun.

I am just trying to get more people in San Diego interested in doing things.

I have done many runs to Los Angeles with FOC and FDC in fact I have 57k miles on my 360, most people only have 5k or 10k miles if lucky

4. PHANTOM_SD

PHANTOM_SD Rookie

Mar 3, 2005
    Thank you Cannoli for letting me know about Carlsbad. I thought it was every Saturday. Now I know why I always miss it. Do they still have a big turn out?

5. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    Cars and Coffee should be a little easier to get to than Crystal Cove was so you should definitely try to make it up here one of these Saturdays. Just don't do it in two weeks when they are having their alternate show because of a Mazda event. We'd love to see you up here and you don't have to get up ridiculously early. The show lot can fill by 7 or even a little earlier, but there is always plenty of parking in the spectator lots.

6. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    hey Phantom, the Cbad meet this month was pretty good, finally got a decent turnout of exotics to show back up. Here are just some of the cars that showed in the pics I took: http://www.auto-focus.us/autoblog/v/Shows/2009/CbadCars/8-29-09

as far as growing the meet and SD crowd, hit me up with any ideas you may have, Ive been trying to figure out how to energize SD again. People have thrown around the idea of doing the Cbad meet weekly, but others think that may thin it out since its usually the same crowd.

7. jabramson

jabramson Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Richard, this is something that we are also trying to get going at Cavallo MotorSports. If we were to set up a time for a few of us to meet and discuss different ideas on things we can do as a group, I'm more than happy to open our facility up for different occassions and use as a meeting/event place. We've thrown around the idea of having various "Tech Sessions", drives, Formula 1 race viewing, etc. Just a simple bar-b-que where everyone can do a "pot luck" style on site with various themes could be something of interest.

I agree that San Diego as a whole does not have enough events, especially with the amount of car enthusiasts we have down here. The events that are put on by the various groups however are done quite well and are well attended. There are also a number of specific clubs that meet regularly but it might be nice to have a group that crosses all lines just to mix it up.

If we have a few people who are interested in discussing this further, PM me and we can see if and how we want to proceed.

8. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    PM sent Jeff

9. davidbealGT4

davidbealGT4 Karting
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2007
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    David Beal
    Isn't there an FCA even in Dana Point this weekend? I know it's Orange County but maybe some S.D. guys want to drive up.