It si growing on me . . . | FerrariChat

It si growing on me . . .

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Drive550PFB, Sep 11, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I was at Wynn in Las Vegas on Monday. As I was walking downstairs, looking for a 599, I noticed 2 beautiful black 599s in the right rear corner. (I am about 100 feet away at the time I glanced at these cars.)

As I made my way back, I did a double take. One of these 599s did not look exactly right. Turns out it was a black on black Cali--roof closed. The seats had silver/white stitching. From the front, with the front headlight treatment, and in gleaming black, the cars looked similar at a glance. Obviously a longer look would discern the differences.

What struck me was that the Cali was not nearly as small as it seems when it is standing alone. Sitting 3 feet from a 599, it held its own very well.

I still am not convinced about the stacked rear pipes, but since I have been critical, I thought it only fair to comment about this car. It looked pretty darn sweet.

2. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Sorry about the title. It should be "It is growing on me . . . ."

3. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    #3 GTE, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
    I have seen one at Spa Francorchams and I must say that pictures don't do her justice. The ass is still not much to look at, but the car does have presence. She sure is a looker.

4. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    I'd have one in a New York minute.

5. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    It's growing on me alot too. Especially since driving one.