"GT Racer" on HD Theater | FerrariChat

"GT Racer" on HD Theater

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by davidgoerndt, Sep 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    David Goerndt
    I caught the first episode of this show and I thought it was a bit fragmented. Too much switching back and forth between cars. Not many Ferraris featured, two 275 GTB's that I saw and what looked like a 250LM wrecked on a trailer,(not sure about that one). Maybe the next few episodes will have more Ferrari content.

2. rsk4today

rsk4today Rookie

Apr 10, 2004
    There was a lot of nice footage of the breadvan though. I wish they would have shown more footage of the variety of the cars and focused less on the drivers. The stars of the show should be the cars not the drivers.

3. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    I thought the first episode last week was very superficial and somewhat amateurishly done. Perhaps we should be thankful for any kind of vintage car/racing video, so I will give the second episode a try, but if it falls as flat for me as the first, I'm out for good.

4. Il Vecchio

Il Vecchio F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2007
    Near Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    Le Mans was (for me) a much better production than the Spa historic which ran a few months ago.

Nurburgring is scheduled to be shown in a few days.

5. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    David Goerndt
    Also on HD Theater Tuesday night was the first part of the 2006 Goodwood Revival. There were quite of few clips of period vintage racing, including one with several GTO's. Seems like HD Theater is a nicer version of the Speed Channel, lots of vintage car material.

6. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I don't know why they're still stuck on 2006. They've shown it dozens of times. I think 2007 Revival was shown a few times, but I've seen nothing of 2008. Perhaps they'll incorporate it in the GT-Racer series.

7. Il Vecchio

Il Vecchio F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2007
    Near Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    Anyone else catch the Nurburgring episode?

No in-car 275GTB as in the Le Mans episode, but otherwise it was pretty good IMO.

8. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    David Goerndt
    After watching about 15 min of the Nurburgring edisode, I decided the series isn't worth watching. You can almost substitute the LeMans ep because they use the same in car camera shots and similar exterior shots. Too superficial for me.

9. Il Vecchio

Il Vecchio F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2007
    Near Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    Makes me really miss vintage racing, though...