Douglas Valley Breakers | FerrariChat

Douglas Valley Breakers

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Dave 456, Sep 20, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave 456

Dave 456 Formula 3

Nov 15, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Dave Simons
    Does anyone here know Douglas Valley Breakers? they are in Standish, Lancashire. It's a bit of a long story, but I need a couple of pieces of the bright trim for the grille on my 456. They have a damaged grille, but want to ship the whole thing halfway round the world, when the parts I need would fit into a cigar tube....

2. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Dave

They are one of the biggest accident repair/salvage companies in the uk for prestige & sports cars..

Can the trim be easily removed from the grille?

Rod

3. markst

markst Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    try eurospares.......they might well have the part

4. Dave 456

Dave 456 Formula 3

Nov 15, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Dave Simons
    Thanks for the responses guys. The shiny trim parts of the grille are easy to remove - too easy, they fall out, hence the need for some replacements. There is another F-Chatter in the same situation, Robie from HK, with a 575.

I did enquire at Eurospares, but the response was a "sign here" order for a new grille at 800 pounds plus shipping.

I was hoping to contact someone who knows either Douglas Valley Breakers or Eurospares who might be able to plead my case that I don't want a new grille and I don't want to ship a piece of broken plastic/damaged grille halfway round the world. All I need (and so does Robie) is a few lengths of the shiny trim.

Might try some more pleading emails....

5. MarkH

MarkH Rookie

Apr 3, 2008
    You might want to try the same question in the Ferrari forum on Pistonheads. There might be someone living locally to DV Breakers who can give an opinion.

6. 430scuderia1

430scuderia1 Rookie

Sep 14, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Barry
    i drive past douglas valley every day on my way to work, + the owner lives at the end of my road.

Please PM if you like

Barry

7. Dave 456

Dave 456 Formula 3

Nov 15, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Dave Simons
    Barry, PM sent - many thanks.

8. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004