'84 400i on Denver CL... | FerrariChat

'84 400i on Denver CL...

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by siegrisd, Aug 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. siegrisd

siegrisd Rookie

Nov 22, 2006
    Castle Pines, CO
    Full Name:
    Dan Siegrist
    Sorry if this is a repost... I searched the forum... cross my heart!

Anyhoo, this seems like a stupid-cheap price for a 5spd. Anyone know this car? I don't know the VIN, but, I can inquire.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1320969434.html

2. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I think that the price is a typo. This car is s/n 44215 and is currently being auctioned on eBay by BritishSportsCars.com in San Luis Obispo, California. Last I checked it had 17 bids up to $13,200 or so and a "reserve not met" with 19 hours left on the auction.

Maybe they have listed this car on various craigslists around the country to get more exposure.

BTW, this car was offered for sale in October 2007 with 800 fewer miles on it by Chequered Flag Motors in Marina del Ray, California with an asking price of $37,500.

The photos on the British cars website look pretty reasonable. The car has body color bumpers like on a 412 and also white front parking lights like on a 412 instead of orange corner lights like on a 400i. Maybe the front end got crunched sometime over the years.

3. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    It's a scammer's post.
    Reply to see what sort of hoo-ha you get from the seller. Maybe he'll take a Nigerian cashiers check?

4. alastairhouston

alastairhouston Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2009
    Largs Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Houston
    Could be a nice buy for somebody. From the photos Well noticed on the front colour matched bumpers and white indicators non original. No crime as I know how difficult it is to see the front of these cars when parking! still looks good.
    Regards
    Alastair

5. alastairhouston

alastairhouston Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2009
    Largs Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Houston
    I can help you, please send a cheque for $13000 as a downpayment then i will be able to release the milions that you deserve sometime not very soon!

For this all i require is the bumpers and wrong indicators attached to the otherwise perfect car in the advert.

all fun
    Regards
    Alastair

6. siegrisd

siegrisd Rookie

Nov 22, 2006
    Castle Pines, CO
    Full Name:
    Dan Siegrist
    Well, just for sh*ts and giggles, I'll email them.

Thanks for the info.

7. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I emailed the denver craigslist ad yesterday but no answer yet. Could very well be a scam. The car is in San Luis Obispo so if you are interested that is the place to go.

8. siegrisd

siegrisd Rookie

Nov 22, 2006
    Castle Pines, CO
    Full Name:
    Dan Siegrist
    Given that you've emailed, I won't. Please do, though, let us know what the deal is.

Cheers.

9. Brennan

Brennan Karting

Apr 28, 2006
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Full Name:
    Brennan Johnson
    I briefly looked at this car a few weeks back, and I was uninspired. Clearly a respray. Asking price of $38.5 on the seller's website: http://www.britishsportscars.com/autos/1984_FERRARI_400I_LIKE_NEW_CONDITION%20220.html

Brennan Johnson
    '84 400i #47583
    San Luis Obispo, CA