Briatore left "devastated" after lifetime ban, legal action against FIA | FerrariChat

Briatore left "devastated" after lifetime ban, legal action against FIA

Discussion in 'F1' started by jknight, Sep 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #1 jknight, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
    This is better than the National Enquirer at the grocery store aisles. AND now he plans to set up a rival series to F1??? I fear he may win his legal battle as already the outspoken Gracia has come to his defense - saying he was not able to defend himself......Mr. Gracia it's time to get your head out of the sand, it was Briatore who resigned for the good of the sport, does that not tell you something. (makes me think Gracia is another character in the Mad Max Puppet Show).

Flavio has only himself to blame for all this.....and being left without a means of making an income, there's always McDonalds.

Carol

planet f1

Flavio Briatore has been left 'devastated' after receiving an effective lifetime from Formula One, according to reports in the Italian media on Tuesday.

The former Renault team principal received the punishment from the FIA on Monday after he ordered Nelson Piquet junior to crash his car during last year's Singapore GP.

Briatore, along with Renault engineering head Pat Symonds, resigned last week in the wake of the scandal.

"I am distraught," the 59-year-old Italian is quoted in Gazzetta dello Sport.

Reports claim he is planning on launching legal action against the FIA in the Paris courts in an attempt to prove his innocence and win compensation for the damage to his image. He is apparently also considering setting up a rival series to Formula One.

Meanwhile, head of the Spanish motorsport federation Carlos Gracia, who was quite outspoken about the FIA's decision to grant Piquet jr immunity from prosecution, feels Briatore's punishment is "excessive".

"Briatore's (penalty) seems to me excessive, there was no clear proof against him and he was not able to defend himself either," he told Spain's AS paper.

"Moreover, I wouldn't rule out him going to ordinary justice because he has been left without his means of earning a living."

2. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Does the FIA really care what Carlos Gracia (Carlos "Thank You"??) thinks?

Maybe Bernie Madoff should try that defense. "Your honor, by sending my client to prison, you have completely stripped him of his ability to earn a living!"

3. Modeler

Modeler F1 Veteran

May 19, 2008
    State of confusion
    Full Name:
    a.n.other
    Yes, Carol.
    I was thinking about this last night and it seemed many aspects of the FIA ruling could be challenged under EU law.
    Penalties imposed on anyone interacting with him is impossibly punitive under any system of justice.

Rent a house from him and be banned from driving in FIA events.

Ridiculous! Max over does things again.

4. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    He's a principal owner of various firms and has a net worth of a few hundred million, or did in recent years at least. I doubt he'll starve and he can certainly find employment outside of F1. :eek:

Maybe that new wife of his can support him with her modeling income.

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Mr Gracia, maybe the FIA should review the immunity given to Alonso in the past as well then ? Cállate boludo !

6. SlvSurfer

SlvSurfer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2005
    Monaco/Canada
    What wife would share her income? lol