video - Dyson LMP2 car passes my Lotus Exige at MMC | FerrariChat

video - Dyson LMP2 car passes my Lotus Exige at MMC

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by fire_n_ice, Sep 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thats awesome!

2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    #3 95spiderman, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
    im going to mmc for 1st time this fri so that was pretty cool to watch. not sure i would be happy having to share track with pro race teams if i was a paying member of club though

3. StreetSpeed

StreetSpeed Rookie

Sep 14, 2009
    Lame first post, sorry. Anyway I'm a lowly VW driver and aspiring Ferrari owner when the time comes, but I was at MMC in May, though because we were with Audi club we had to stick to the shorter South Course. However, there were a few members there, who also chose to roll with us on the South Course, because they said they just get bored blasting around the north course all by themselves all the time. We were there on a sunny, 75 degree Saturday in May and there were hardly any members there. I got the impression from the staff that the whole place isn't working out quite how they envisioned it, which is why they're doing way more club events then they had anticipated they would.

So anyway, my point is, you'd be happy to have ANY cars on the track with you at the same time, cuz most of the time you're all by yourself!

4. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
  5. JCW Driver

JCW Driver Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Bronson G.
    I was on track with a Radical prototype once, and the rate of closure from behind was just insane. Talk about feeling like a rolling chicane...

Cool vid. Wish I had one. Just the memory of it, is all I have.

6. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Very cool--your Lotus sounds nice, too. I was on-track in a Formula Mazda a few years ago while Corvette was there doing tire testing in preparation for Le Mans (O'Connell, I think). every time he'd come up behind me he'd patiently wait for the same corner and then blow by me like a pedal car! The amount of tire klag on the track was amazing, and my front tires would keep shooting giant rubber worms into the air that would fly back into me and hit my helmet and visor. Definitely a 3rd-class citizen that day:)

7. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    I was once on track in a rental Chevette at the start of a FF session and watching that pack closing on me was pretty weird. I couldn't hug the slow line hard enough!

8. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Gotta love how it's a speck in the background, then a form not too far away, then, a full-face image of the Ms. Lola in "devour" mode, then gone - like some of those strobe-light horror movie scenes, but with track elements in place of the strobe.
    Must be what it feels like to be stalked by a shark.

9. fire_n_ice

fire_n_ice Formula 3

Jun 9, 2006
    Yeah, when I showed some of the club staff the video, they said the same thing and that I should dub the soundtrack from "JAWS" over it... da na, da na...

10. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    that's a neat-o vid of the overtakings

11. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David