Hockey season's coming... | FerrariChat

Hockey season's coming...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Gilles27, Sep 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
  2. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The NHL still exists?

Just kidding. I am somewhat amazed that hockey completely tanked after the lockout and has failed to make any meaningful comeback.

3. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Ockey has definitely made a comeback here in st louis, I was a huge fan before the lockout, afterwards I didn't care as much, then late in the first season back I went to a game and became a fan again.

The blues are looking good, sounds like Paul Kariya is back at full health, Keith tkachuk should still be a force on the club, and the "rookie line" from last year should be even better, let's just hope chris mason has as good of a season as he did last year.

4. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I miss the NHL... I used to live just north of Philadelphia and it was just amazing going to see NHL hockey live. It's one thing seeing on TV (sorta dulls the experience) but seeing people move and coordinate plays that fast live is just incredible.

Unfortunately, can't even get it on TV in the UK. Well, not on a PhD Student's budget anyway. :eek: Roll on the job applications in the USA and Canada... :D

All the best,
    Andrew.

5. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I really enjoyed going to a couple of Blues hockey games. However, hockey gets almost zero national media. Most of the playoffs don't even make network television and I'm not entirely sure that all of the Stanely Cup finals games are covered. That's pretty telling.

6. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Well, the NHL forged into unlikely markets and diluted the product. At the same time, there are a lot of hard-core fans around this country. I've said for years that the Blackhawks' fans were just waiting to erupt, and once the mean old man kicked it, that's exactly what happened. First thing his son did when taking over the team was televise home games. What a concept!

7. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    We're real excited...got some season tickets...going to the opener Fri vs those same Flyers
    [may even post a pic]
    Go Canes!
    cheers,
    RE

8. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Wake me up for the playoffs...

9. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    #9 GG, Sep 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Maybe this year we'll sweep you guys, :)

11. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Is that right?

12. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    ---how ironic,only home Cane's game w/ the Uck's is 12/5 which is my son's wedding day...pretty sure won't make that game[I got invited to the ceremony ;) ] ...otherwise I'd go and cheer fiercely for the hometown lads,just so it'd matter...
    cheers,
    RE

13. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    ---wait,there're playoffs?---Mr.VanWinkee can you take a call?---
    ...aw heck,Tilly,first things first...I heard that somewhere
    chers,
    RE

14. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Well, we broke down and purchased our Sharks season tickets again..... We were going to "protest" by at least waiting, but what are you gonna do?

Hopefully, Heatley will take us to the promised land this season - If not, I think it may be all over for 'em......

Go Sharks!

Cheers,
    Ian

15. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Hockey is great in person. Heard an ad on the radio today, season ticket special for the Panthers at 50% off. That's a gread deal, the hockey arena here is awesome. It's a 2-day special, I'll be calling and seeing what the packages run.

16. veyron407

veyron407 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    canada
    You can blame bettman for that, we are fine in canada, but he struck a deal with versus. That guy need's to be gone asap. Look at the coyotes, now the NHL will own them lol.
    Go Leafs!

17. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    ---what's versus?...what's the deal?...[yes,I know how google works,but it may be fun to get a take from someone with a different view]
    RE

18. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
  19. veyron407

veyron407 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    canada
    Versus channel in the states, is OLN in canada, shows tour de france etc, once the nhl couldnt strike a deal with espn they went to that. I know alot of us viewers complain they cant see the games though. NHL needs to get it back on espn. We are fine we have cbc tsn & sportsnet. CBC starts with a double header at 7pm leafs habs then canucks flames.

20. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    the blues are 2-0, and the red wings are 0-2, i'm loving it! the "kid line" (tj oshie, patrik berglund, and david perron) look like they've grown up, it's gonna be a fun season.

21. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI

HEY Ian! You kinow I'm gonna say it, so here it is: *GO RED WINGS*

And, about Heatley, just don't let that sumnabeeyatch take you there in a Ferrari! He already tore one to pieces... thereby exceeding his lifelong limit of, ummmm.... one.

22. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Screw the damn Red Wings :)

Went to the Sharks home opener last night - They hung the "Presidents Trophy 2008/9 banner up without much fanfare fortunately.... Who cares?

But, our man Danny scored a hat trick - He's now officially a Shark, and has put his past "troubles" behind him ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

23. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Where are your seats?

Kai

24. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    "The nosebleeds"! - Section 207, row 14, seats 18 & 19 [Same price as last season btw!]

Why do you ask?

I have a direct line of sight down the stairs into the back of the goal that the Sharks come towards for two periods - Very nice!

Went again on Saturday - They again fell behind and came back to win - They're batting 1,000 when I'm there :) [My buddy and his daughter are going tonight (Monday) btw.]

Cheers,
    Ian

25. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    Going to Canes/Pens tonite...won't be pretty...but go Canes!
    cheers,
    RE