2 Enzos crashed in Italy | FerrariChat

2 Enzos crashed in Italy

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Marchettino, Sep 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marchettino

Marchettino Karting
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2008
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
  2. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    Why does this seem to surprise everyone.....you have average people that drive their cars and wreck them....why would it be any different for someone thats worth millions....its all relevant isnt it?

3. Marchettino

Marchettino Karting
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2008
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Well, if i see a crashed Fiat Punto, it wouldn't care me, but to see such a fast, expensive, beautifull and awesome car in these conditions, it makes me very sad. It's like to throw a tomatoe on a Picasso's painting, this car is a work of art.

4. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    I understand but alot of people go bonkers when they see a wrecked exotic or supercar and in reality its still a car.

5. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    What's the story on the crashes?

I don't know, to me it look like something different than crashed Enzo's *shrugs*

6. GV27TIFOSI

GV27TIFOSI Karting

Jan 12, 2008
    Peoria, Arizona USA
    Full Name:
    DT
    #6 GV27TIFOSI, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
    The 'limits' of these supercars, the Enzo in particular, cannot be 'safely' used on the street, especially in the US. With the ultimate respect to Enzo owners, you lucky fellows, this machine must be respected and the limits it obtains, which are supernatural for a street able car, can very easily be overstepped and many fatalities have occurred in Enzos.
    These get such publicity due to the rarity and expense of the car.
    The F1 technology passed directly onto a street based machine like the Enzo, make it a drivers car, yet celebrities and people with limited high speed driving experience, yet the funds to drive such awesome machines, inevitably lead to getting in over one's head, even with all the traction control, driving aides..
    For my money or extreme lack of it, the Super Ferrari for me is the F40, preferably an LM type specification car, with upgraded brakes, wheels and turbos, intercoolers, ect.
    The idea of a car that was over designed for the stock horsepower, being upgraded and the concept of a car that has more than enough power to use and is lightweight and built for one purpose, to go as fast as possible, not for long distance touring, but track events, ect.
    This is what I personally would invest my money in.
    I have the ultimate respect for Jim Glickenhaus as he in indeed an unique individual, who does the marque Ferrari proud, by being a great US representative to the factory, of an individual, who does everything the 'right' and correct way. Thus enabling himself the satisfaction of driving the ultimate Ferrari, his P4/5, enjoying the exquisite pleasure of restoring and owing the original cars, then developing the ultimate road going Ferrari, the Enzo, to maximize it's potential as the 'ultimate driving machine', to coin the phrase used by a much lesser manufacturer!!
    As in reality an outsider of the super car world, yet witnessing my first motor race, the 1967 BOAC 500 and seeing my all time favorite Ferrari's close up and racing, then another spine chilling event, seeing on the Hangar Straight on the 'real Silverstone circuit , the Carma FF 308 GTB/4 Biturbo at full chat. The sound and sight of this awesome machine at top speed, with flames belching out the back, a pure car from the Diablo himself!!
    These are strong memories, branded into my younger brain and lead me to enjoy, the rawer side of Ferrari.
    Yes the technology of the latest road cars is awesome, to be so quick, yet exciting to drive is indeed an achievement.
    But in my heart of hearts, tinkering with an F40 and having it to race car specs, would be my ultimate dream..To have a car where the horsepower has the very real possibility of overtaking the chassis, no matter how tricked out, makes even this old guys (55) heart beat all that much faster!!!
    Thanks for indulging my Ferrari fantasy with me!!
    GV27TIFOSI

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    No big deal. It's just another car. Try doing that to a human being sometime!.

I'm sure they'll be back on the road as good as new soon. It's just money. I'd rather see them like this than sitting collecting dust somewhere.

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The cars will be repaired, not much hurt besides their ego

9. EVILZ33

EVILZ33 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    chicago
    and their wallets

10. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    The shop looks like Rossa Corsa in Milan.

11. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    +1

12. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    What!?

13. adriano-19

adriano-19 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 27, 2007
    One of this two belongs to young Italian who is less than 25 :)

14. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    Maybe it's just me, but the first Enzo did not appear to be in a crash at all. I noticed that all body panels were in mint condition and the interior was in excellent shape despite all the "missing" gadgets. I think the first one was just having a major service done to it in which the workers had to remove the body panels. As for the second Enzo, that just appeared to have some paint work done on it. Maybe the owner wanted to re-paint in another color? Maybe it's just me...

-G.B.

15. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    just a beauty for them, promtly on track

16. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't get it...are you trying to say these cars should only be used on track?

17. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Manuma?

18. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    The probability to see a Enzo on road is very small, personally i saw them only on track or in meeting.

19. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    In the US I know a number of Enzo owners who have put a decent amount of road miles on their cars. Modern cars are surprisingly drivable.

20. dlynes

dlynes Formula 3

Oct 16, 2004
    Augusta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Dave
    seeing a million dollar, wrecked car is a huge deal...

21. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    USA is the big one for Ferrari....