1989 Mondial T major service | FerrariChat

1989 Mondial T major service

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Jamie H, Sep 29, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jamie H

Jamie H Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 28, 2009
    Puslinch,ON
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I just purchased a 1989 Mondial T with 18,000 miles on it. The belt was done 6 years ago and I want to service it before I start driving it. I was going to buy the 30k kit from Ricambi as it seems complete. Other than changing the oil, coolant and gearbox fluids I was also going to repack the flywheel (may as well I have all winter). Other than pulling apart connectors and cleaning connections (stabilant 22a is also on order) is there anything else I should consider "while I'm at it" ? I am a licensed tech so it's kind of a nuts and bolts job for me but I would appreciate any input as I haven't worked on any Ferrari's with the engine turned this way.

2. niklas

niklas Formula 3

Apr 25, 2008
    Chilliwack BC
    Full Name:
    N. Olafsson
    check the Mondial section. you should get some answers in there. This is for 348 and 355

3. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Dude, that is so cold. A "T" has the 348 engine and transmission which is what the "T" stands for - transversiale.

OP, I think you are doing a decent job. I would also replace the brake and trans fluid along with coolant (whcih you have to do anyway for a major :). Check brake pads and rotors while you are at it. With so few miles, you might look at the rubber brake lines too. Lastly, I would also make sure the rubber on your tires is decent - how old are they? Heck, I might even have the alignment looked at as well. As you said, you have all winter. :)

4. niklas

niklas Formula 3

Apr 25, 2008
    Chilliwack BC
    Full Name:
    N. Olafsson
    LOL. Wasn't trying to be ****** - wayyy far from it. I just suggested trying the Mondial section that's all. Unwrap thy panties. ty.

5. Jamie H

Jamie H Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 28, 2009
    Puslinch,ON
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    #5 Jamie H, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
    Thanks for sticking up for us 'poor' Mondial owners *lol* The rubber is only 2 years old however I am sure that the brake fluid is original so that will get flushed as well. Perhaps I will repost in the Mondial section as the 348 owners are testy at times it seems despite the identical underpinnings.