Official, Alonso at Ferrari next season | FerrariChat

Official, Alonso at Ferrari next season

Discussion in 'F1' started by Cozmic_Kid, Sep 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    Press Release

Maranello, 30th September 2009 - Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro announces that it has reached an agreement with the driver Fernando Alonso. The agreement covers three racing seasons, starting in 2010.

The Scuderia’s driver line-up next season will therefore be made up of Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso, with Giancarlo Fisichella in the role of reserve driver.

Kimi Raikkonen will leave the team at the end of this current season, after what has been a rewarding and fruitful partnership, which saw him win the Drivers’ title in 2007. He also played a key role in Ferrari’s taking of the Constructor’s title that same year and in 2008.

“We are very proud to welcome to our team another winning driver, who has demonstrated his amazing talent by winning two World Championships in his career to date,” said Stefano Domenicali. “Of course, we wish to thank Kimi for everything he has done during his time with Ferrari: in his first year with us, he managed to win the Drivers’ title, thus making his contribution to Ferrari’s history and he played a vital role in our taking of the Constructors’ title in 2007 and 2008. Even during a difficult season like this one, he has demonstrated his great talent, with several good results, including a great win in Spa and we are sure that we can share more good times together in the final three races of this season.”

“With common consent, we have agreed to terminate the contract binding me to Ferrari to the end of 2010, one year ahead of schedule,” said Kimi Raikkonen. “I am very sad to be leaving a team with which I have spent three fantastic years, during which time I won plenty of races. Together, we have won 50% of the world titles in that period and I managed to take the Drivers’ title in 2007, thus achieving the target I had set myself at the start of my career. I have always felt at home with everyone here and I will have many happy memories of my time with the team.”

http://www.ferrari.com/English/News/Pages/090930_F1_News_1.aspx

Awesome!

2. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Not quite the reaction I had on the tip of my tongue. :(

It'll be an interesting year...

All the best,
    Andrew.

3. efe360

efe360 Formula Junior

May 19, 2008
    barcelona
    Full Name:
    F

Ferrari S.p.A.
    Direzione Comunicazione – Ufficio Stampa
    Via Abetone Inf. 4
    41053 Maranello (MO)
    Tel. (0536) 949 450
    Fax (0536) 949 049
    COMUNICATO STAMPA
    La Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro comunica di aver raggiunto un accordo di
    collaborazione tecnico-agonistica con il pilota Fernando Alonso. L’accordo sarà valido
    per tre stagioni sportive, a partire dal 2010.
    La formazione della Scuderia nella prossima stagione sarà dunque composta da Felipe
    Massa e Fernando Alonso, con Giancarlo Fisichella nel ruolo di pilota di riserva.
    Kimi Raikkonen lascerà la squadra alla conclusione di questo campionato, al termine
    di una partnership fruttuosa e ricca di successi che lo ha visto conquistare il titolo
    mondiale Piloti nel 2007 e contribuire in maniera decisiva ai titoli iridati Costruttori
    vinti dalla Ferrari nello stesso 2007 e nell’anno successivo.
    “Siamo molto lieti di accogliere nella nostra squadra un pilota vincente, che ha
    dimostrato il suo straordinario valore conquistando già due titoli iridati nella sua
    carriera. Fernando ha una personalità eccezionale e faremo di tutto per mettere a
    disposizione sua e di Felipe una vettura competitiva” – ha detto Stefano Domenicali –
    “Siamo certi questi due grandi piloti formeranno la miglior coppia possibile per una
    squadra come la nostra. Detto questo, vogliamo ringraziare Kimi per quanto ha fatto
    in questo periodo trascorso alla Ferrari: al suo primo anno con noi è riuscito a vincere
    il titolo mondiale, entrando così nella storia della Scuderia, e ha contribuito in
    maniera decisiva alla conquista dei campionati Costruttori del biennio 2007-2008.
    Anche in un campionato complicato come questo ha fatto vedere il suo grande
    talento ottenendo, fra l’altro, una bellissima vittoria a Spa e speriamo di raccogliere
    ancora delle belle soddisfazioni insieme nelle ultime gare di questa stagione.”
    “Abbiamo deciso di comune accordo di interrompere con un anno di anticipo il
    rapporto che mi legava alla Ferrari fino al termine del 2010” – ha detto Raikkonen –
    “Mi dispiace molto lasciare una squadra con cui ho trascorso tre anni fantastici e
    ricchi di vittorie. Insieme abbiamo vinto il 50% dei titoli iridati in palio e sono riuscito
    a laurearmi campione del mondo nel 2007, raggiungendo quell’obiettivo che mi ero
    posto all’inizio della mia carriera. Mi sono sempre trovato bene con tutti e porterò
    sempre con me dei bellissimi ricordi.”
    Maranello, 30 settembre 2009 Ufficio Stampa Sportiva

4. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    Woooo Hoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for this for a long time. My favorite driver at Ferrari. I think we're going to have some fantastic results the next few years.

What a wonderful day.

5. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Dang curseit bleah black.

Words cannot express my dislike for that team wrecker.

Forza Massa.

6. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #6 jknight, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
    Being a neither Alonso or Kimi fan, I must say after reading the PR and with only three races to go, what incentive has Kimi to afford Ferrari after this - I think Kimi just got the shaft big time and I hope he takes all money he can from Ferrari. What else could he say in his comments but what he did? It appears that any hope of Vettel at Ferrari is down the drain until Alonso's contract expires unless he terminates it to go to something else when the car is crap or another scandal looms on the horizon.

Carol

Forza Massa

7. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    I am not a fan per se, but he IS the best driver, and the best driver should sit in one of the red cars :)

He is a primadonna, but so are ferrari. Maybe they can both direct their energy in the way of something positive.

8. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Now that its a done deal we can only wish Alonso and the team the best.

9. JoeGuitar

JoeGuitar Formula Junior

May 27, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    Full Name:
    Joe
    And Kimi the best IMHO.

10. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Indeed.

11. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    #12 Far Out, Sep 30, 2009
    NO WAY that Kimi worded that himself!!!! :D I'd bet his real words were something along the lines of "Mumblemumblemumblewasnicemumblechampionmumblevodkamumblemclarenmumble"...

12. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    I think that Hamilton is the best current driver, but Alonso is a close 2nd and he would be my choice as a Ferrari driver as I think he will gel better with the team than Hamilton would.
    It's going to be very interesting to see how the Alonso vs Massa and Hamilton vs Raikkonen battles play out as well as the McLaren vs Ferrari battle.
    I'm very excited about 2010!!

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    what a bunch of dildo's.

Saddened by this.

14. treventotto

treventotto Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2008
    Alicante
    Full Name:
    Benjamin
    Finally I can watch formula 1 in a bar and cheer WITH the Spanish viewers.

15. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    LOL I was thinking the same thing, especially the inclusion of "vodka" somewhere in the quote!

16. Jimi900

Jimi900 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2004
    Tulsa, OK
    #17 Jimi900, Sep 30, 2009
    Boo... Well let's see how he is going to F up Ferrari like is last two teams. I know, I know none of it was his fault. BS!

17. Kami

Kami Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2006
    St. Louis
    I felt it was needed to quote everyone.

+1. And I'll add, Forza Kimi wherever he goes.

+1

Agreed. My reaction was more, " Oh , fnck"

:(

I hope I'm wrong, but I see this as the start of a dark 3+ years for the Scud.

18. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #19 NeuroBeaker, Sep 30, 2009
    Technically, he's the best all-round driver in the car. The problem is, he's so self-absorbed in his own interests that he doesn't care if he destroys the team around him in trying to achieve them. Schumacher was skilled and ruthless too, but he also had a sense of team and that's why he did so well with Ferrari.

I'm with Tillman and Kami on this one:

There may be brief shining moments of greatness ahead, but I have an ominous feeling about the prospects ahead for the Ferrari team.

All the best,
    Andrew.

19. Anthony_Ferrari

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    Could someone start a new thread titled: "Alonso to Ferrari -Good News or Bad News?" then have a poll where the choices are:
    Good News
    Bad News

There have been a lot of negative comments, but I wonder what the general view of the F-Chat community is.

Thanks

20. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well are resident Mod will be doing cartwheels...:)

21. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I have mixed feelings on this one, to be honest. However, I wish Alonso the best, and also, a big thanks to Kimi for the 2007 WDC and WCC titles.

22. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    So where's Kimi headed too? My money is on Mclaren, or Brawn.

23. Anthony_Ferrari

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    He's going to McLaren. Nico is going to Brawn.

24. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Finally!