test pipes and dentists | FerrariChat

test pipes and dentists

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by coledoggy, Sep 29, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. coledoggy

coledoggy Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ole miss
    Full Name:
    todd
    well here my wife and i go again..we have been debating moving to southern california for awhile now. we are interested in the del mar, san diego, possibly dana point area.

probably the one thing holding us back more than anything else is making a living as a startup dentist, and maintaining some resembalance of a quality lifestlye. not trying to be a fat cat, but not trying to be broke either.

housing has gotten somewhat comprehensible, enough that we can swing it, but we are a one income family.

i guess what i'm looking for is yalls opinion of the dental market from the perspective of those other than socal dentists. i really havent talked to any dentists yet, but i cant imagine them saying yeah come on, the water is fine!

so any of your thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated, hope to see yall soon!

oy yeah, do i have to get rid of my straight pipes?

2. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    You probably would have to put some cats on for at least the smog check. After that, you might as well leave them on, it will help the air we breathe, & sometimes it's not that great out here. So do your share to help the air!

3. coledoggy

coledoggy Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ole miss
    Full Name:
    todd
    i know, i was just making a little joke there, but thanks though. no more straight pipes.

4. Sideways

Sideways Karting

Dec 7, 2004
    I have run across dentists cleaning teeth lately. A sign of the slowdown in So Cal and things are tight.

5. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    You have the California Dental License?
    I just renewed mine, but have been retired for eleven years.

6. coledoggy

coledoggy Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ole miss
    Full Name:
    todd
    i have been in practice for 10 years and licensure by credentials doesnt look like much effort other than some paper work and 300 dollars. but to answer your question, i dont have it yet, but i am working on the paper work.

any pulse on the current market?

7. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No more state board tests? It used to be quite an ordeal to get licensed here.

I am a little out of touch for positions. Talk to the local dental societies. Often times the larger chain clinics are in need of people. Check the LA Times and Craig's List.