Introducing myself. ..... Track days? | FerrariChat

Introducing myself. ..... Track days?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by open roads, Oct 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Hello to all. I am moving to Sarasota this month. Moving down from Mid-Atlantic.

I look forward to meeting a lot of you and making many new friends.

One question. I see two threads of the many happenings but they are devoid of track days. Does FCA or the dealers sponsor DE down here? Cavallino is a way off.

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Not too many FCA days

You have Italian Cars at Daytona and Moroso Madness which are the same date

Maybe they'll have to rename it PBIR Madness now :)

Then Cavallino in Jan

There are plenty other clubs for track dates in FL though if you want

Drivenasafl.com

chinmotorsports.com

hookedondriving.com

safemotorsports.com

erme

and I probably missed 1 or 2

3. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
  4. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Thanks guys. I've got a good friend in Miami (I lived there ten years) getting his first Ferrari, a California. I would like him to get involved more and want to get him in a couple cars and get some training before he gets his car.

I will miss the hills up here.

5. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Oh. And the turns. The roads actually turn up here.

Last week I was driving from Palm Beach to Sarasota and right around Okechobee there was a turn, of all things. LOL

6. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I'd recommend www.***********.com for your firend. Guy is a sponsor here, and has absolutely top shelf instructors. I went to an introductory track night event, it was first class!
    BT

7. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Stan,

Are you moving permanently or just for the winter?

If you're heading down to FL for good, I wish you the best!

Have a great time and maybe we'll meet up down there.

8. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    It's permanent but I'll always have a Maryland home. Just not with a huge garage.

When we moved to Maryland I promised my wife that we would move back to Florida if she couldn't stand the winters. She called me on it. I joke that she moved to Florida because she couldn't stand the winters in south Georgia.

How about yourself? I heard you moved to California. What part? We are headed out for a wine tour Sunday.

9. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    BT thanks for that. It looks like the right thing.

I remember your helping in the past when we chatted. Thanks again.

Stan

10. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    If you are going to be joining us for Cavallino week in January we will be having another Steak out on Friday after the track day.
    :)
    BT

11. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    A big smile just came across my face. I remember the threads on the last two.

I'll pray for good weather.

12. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I respect your wife..... She has the same issue as me.... The cold winters. I'm spending winters in LA and Hawaii so I haven't technically left the area.

I wish you all the best in Florida and I'm seriously considering that area too.

I think I have about a month here before I depart.

13. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Training for what ? How to operate the power top ? How to interface the blue tooth correctly ? How to not allow AM DB9s to make his car look bad ? LOL

14. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    LOL How not to ruin a new Ferrari. I'm afraid he may turn out to be a test pilot, and we all know how they can be. Even though he does really well with his twin (Cessna 210C I think). I gave him a 97% when we flew Tamiami to Orlando to Daytona and back for Rennsport last year.

He just knows nothing of performance driving and I just know he will be soooo much safer with a little introduction/instruction. People are easily seduced by taking their Quatroportes down the turnpike.

He has a couple good stories about learning to operate a boat. Even though he had previous experience operating a boat. One of those stories involves people jumping away from a dockside table as he came in.

He's a ball of fire and a ton of fun. Just want to take care of him and he's about to enter into a new world for him.

15. RoadRacer

RoadRacer Formula Junior

May 7, 2006
    SoCal / SoFla
    Full Name:
    Griff W
    Uuummmm... probably not a bad idea to contact Guy Cosmo at CosmoSport - he's accessible elsewhere on this site - a quick search will yield details. Can hook you up with professional instruction that can develop talent to match the capability of the car.

16. monte patterson

monte patterson Karting

Feb 26, 2009
    maitland florida
    Full Name:
    LAMBOGUY
    Check out "italiancarsatdaytona.com" It is on November 13th,14th and 15th. Great track event.

17. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I've been looking at it and it looks to be a fantastic event. I know it will far exceed the norm. I would really love to do it. I don't know if I can swing it with the Mrs. so soon after moving down (Halloween) and right before I go off hunting for ten days.

I am going to work on it though. Wish me luck.