americana mall car show | Page 3 | FerrariChat

americana mall car show

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by 95spiderman, Sep 27, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Weaselwee

Weaselwee Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2005
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Jim
    from 10 days in Disney. As long as no one is wearing mouse ears, I'm in. I have to leave by 10:30, so 9 AM is fine with me.

Jim

2. Weaselwee

Weaselwee Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2005
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I saw an Ariel Atom today at a Pizza joint on Wantagh Ave. If it is any one of you, I would love to check it out.

3. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    (chuckling) and why not? See you Sunday

4. 1969 Mangusta

1969 Mangusta Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2007
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Why not... BTW I am not a Ferrari owner. I would suspect all enthusiasts are welcome.

5. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Yeah everyone is welcome especially if they bring donuts. Anyone catching a theme here. I'm trying to convince a buddy to bring his Pantera.

6. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I'll see you there!

7. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    I'm a definate "maybe".... have a bunch of family stuff this weekend.

8. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Well maybe we should definitely try and drive in together. Call me Sunday morning if you can make it, I'll be on the road early.

9. ace_pilot

ace_pilot Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    George
    Did a drive-by today. Northern blvd is partially under construction (ie rocks on the roads) so take the mall entrance from Searingtown exit going north. At 10:00am this morning the parking lot near the Crate and Barrel seems to be more empty than the lot area near the Coach store (in the back, of course). Lots of security guards giving directions.

Ace

10. 1969 Mangusta

Sep 15, 2007
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Harry
    What year Pantera????

11. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Pantera I believe is a 1971. Red w/ black interior really nice car. Has the small eyelash bumpers which are black not chrome.

12. 1969 Mangusta

Sep 15, 2007
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Harry
    I love the Pantera I am semi actively looking for a mid to late eighties wide body. That will be the last toy I pick up!

13. 1969 Mangusta

Sep 15, 2007
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Harry
    50/50 for the tommorow but am still trying.

14. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    It was very nice meeting you guys this morning......glad you included my white Porsche in the pics !!

15. 1969 Mangusta

Sep 15, 2007
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Damn! I finally passed by around 11:15, I saw the Jag leaving. I also saw the grey Ferrari 308 but didnt know if it was there for the meet as it was parked alone. I saw the 238 bring its owner back apparently after a drive but again wasnt sure if this was from the meet. I should have said something, if anyone saw the DeLorean that was me. Well, until next time. I'm glad something got started, funny thing is as soon as I got back home my wife wanted to go shopping... at the Americana!!

16. arista5

arista5 Karting

Jul 9, 2009
    Oceanside, NY
    i got there about 12 and no one was there :(

Maybe next time, i ended up working last night so i wasnt able to go direct

17. ace_pilot

ace_pilot Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    George
    That was me with the red euro 328 helping to get the grey 308 back on track. We spotted you from afar but didn't know you were part of the group. We all pretty much got there around 9:00 and stayed around till 10:30. It was a great time and it was good meeting all of you.

Ace

18. vteqe

vteqe Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    #69 vteqe, Oct 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. 1969 Mangusta

Sep 15, 2007
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Harry
    So, next week???

20. BassMan

BassMan Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    It was great getting to meet everyone. Looking forward to the next time.

Sandy, glad to hear it was an easy fix. I guess you have a couple of wires to reconnect now.

21. arista5

arista5 Karting

Jul 9, 2009
    Oceanside, NY
    who's 430 was that?

22. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    GREAT meeting up with you guys yesterday and seeing some of the new cars in the group George and Andrew's 328s are gorgeous. I'm glad we got a Porsche in with the mix too and the TR was an extra treat. Sam, your Fiat is awesome - its nice to see one in such nice shape and being used! Way better that we got together than doing our solo things as an alternative to the concours. If anyone is up for karting with us on the 24th the spots are filling fast so let Dave White or I know if you want to go. Should be a lot of fun, and judging from what Sam Son told me, a bargain at $80.00 compared to the other venues.

Ciao

23. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    What's a bit scary is how empty the parking lot is vs last year. Last year the show filled it up.

Strange days.

24. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Jim, I thought for sure you were aware there was no show yesterday. We just got together as a tribute to the show which took place on this weekend in the past. The show is slated to return next year, per their email each participant received months ago explaining their decision. Empty lot is from the stores do not being open until 11am and we were long gone by then.