Some dude is parting out a working 308 on Ebay | FerrariChat

Some dude is parting out a working 308 on Ebay

Discussion in '308/328' started by viper_driver, Oct 10, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. viper_driver

viper_driver Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2009
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jason
  2. tommott77

tommott77 Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2009
    NC
    Full Name:
    Tom
    This guy has had this car on Craigslist for the whole time period I was looking for a 308. Going back about 6-8 months. IIRC he was looking for a trade/partial trade towards a late model full size pickup.

Not sure if he changed the ad, but it now says that he is only selling the interior and making the car into a 'track queen' ;-). It says in the ad that he wanted $23k for the whole car. This hearkens back to the thread asking about the wholesales price of an 'i'. Well there you go. A car that had substantial marketing for at least half a year would not go for $23k. I would bet that he got some offers below $20k that he turned down.

3. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Kind of sad. The fact that a guy would part out a perfectly (so he says) running car tells me he has no respect for the car/history/marque/etc.

It's his car and he can do what he wants, but be it Ferrari, Corvette, lotus, etc...to just shxxt can a running car cause you can't get 23K for it screams "lack of respect." Take your offer or $20K and get on with your life.

JMHO

4. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Probably was a scam, Ebay removed it.

5. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    By the old adage, "The sum of the parts is worth more than the whole", nearly every car in the world is worth more if it is parted-out ---------- assuming one has the time, energy, and infinite patience to do it :p

6. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    When someone can't get $23K for a 2Vi, it's either because it's a poor car or the person selling it is marketing it poorly. I've seen plenty of average condition and high mileage 2Vis go for high twenties since the recession; whether we like it or not, presentation has a lot to do with how much a car will sell for.

7. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    Maybe it wasn't really his to rightfully sell. It sounded fishy in the first place. Why wouldn't you sell the engine or chassis first if you were really going to sell the car for parts?

8. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Ted Rutland once told me that he could sell my BB512i for $250,000... over 5 years piece by piece...

9. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No one should buy anything from this guy so he can sell the car as a whole complete car

10. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    The guy is smart, it is worth FAR MORE as a parts car.

11. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It's not all about the money

12. I'm gone

I'm gone Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2006
    Phoenix,az